4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What To Buy Next, Nitrous Or Headers???

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 12:22 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What To Buy Next, Nitrous Or Headers???

ORIGINAL: David_K

save up a little more and get some BBK LT headers. for the money you cant go wrong with BBK
+1 i have bbk
Old 05-13-2007, 02:12 PM
06z28eater
3rd Gear Member

is there any fitment issues with longtubes if you have an x pipe? i have an off road upr xpipe, but i may just buy the core of the nitrous kit and then piece it together with all the safety stuff, hopefully ill decide by tomorrow
Old 05-13-2007, 02:18 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

You will need a new mid-pipe with longtubes.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:56 PM
avlon06
5th Gear Member

WOT switch
Fuel pressure saftey switch
window switch
purge
bottle heater
isn't the purge not really a necessity cuz it is just basiclly spitting out some of that giggle gas, mainly just waisting it?
Old 05-13-2007, 03:40 PM
06z28eater
3rd Gear Member

yeah i think the purge is more for style, and like i seen someone post earlier, it 'intimidates' other people, plus its badass
Old 05-13-2007, 04:00 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

this is how a purge works. You have a nitrous line (becuase you can not vacuum pack it there will be some sort of air in the line) when you open the bottle it will then compress the air to the front, placing it at the solenoid. Upon activation air will enter the solenoidalong with N2O. You want to spray N2O not a mixture of it and air. Do I purge before I spray? Sometimes not all the time. I purge mainly to drop the bottle pressure when it gets too high. Have I purged to look cool? Sure, but it does serve a purpose.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:52 AM
06z28eater
3rd Gear Member

awesome info, so i definately need a purge kit then, im looking around on ebay right now, anyone know where i can get a good deal on a complete kit? and also what is the typical charge for install for a nitrous kit? anyone know?
Old 05-17-2007, 02:19 AM
06z28eater
3rd Gear Member

ok guys found a kit with a bottle warmer, purge kit and wot switch, its a 75 shot, but i checked a local tune shop and the guy said the sct tune that was on my car when i bought it, i would have to delete the tune and then have them do a complete new tune, does anyone agree/disagree with this? if im able to keep the tune i may buy this kit, if i need a new tune i may hold off awhile, anyone?
Old 05-17-2007, 02:51 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01GT4.6

this is how a purge works. You have a nitrous line (becuase you can not vacuum pack it there will be some sort of air in the line) when you open the bottle it will then compress the air to the front, placing it at the solenoid. Upon activation air will enter the solenoidalong with N2O. You want to spray N2O not a mixture of it and air. Do I purge before I spray? Sometimes not all the time. I purge mainly to drop the bottle pressure when it gets too high. Have I purged to look cool? Sure, but it does serve a purpose.
The air that is in the line in front of the N2O is totally gone in less than a second, purge is an unnecessary waste of nitrous. It's a cool accessory but by NO MEANS necessary at all.

ORIGINAL: 03z28eater

ok guys found a kit with a bottle warmer, purge kit and wot switch, its a 75 shot, but i checked a local tune shop and the guy said the sct tune that was on my car when i bought it, i would have to delete the tune and then have them do a complete new tune, does anyone agree/disagree with this? if im able to keep the tune i may buy this kit, if i need a new tune i may hold off awhile, anyone?
Yeah, take that SCT tune with advanced timing off... Advanced timing + nitrous is a bad idea. You won't need another new tune, the stock tune will work just fine.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:02 PM
06z28eater
3rd Gear Member

yeah drake thats what i was thinking, just pop the sct chip out and run the 75 shot just as if i had no tune ever on it, i just may do that if i havent missed my chance to buy this kit, do i absolutely have to get the window switch now or maybe do that later?

Quick Reply: What To Buy Next, Nitrous Or Headers???