4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Brake Kits

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 01:41 AM
handyandy
4th Gear Member

Default Brake Kits

What are some good brake kits?? I saw a GT the other day and those slotted/drilled rotors and red calipers look sweet. It made me want some new brakes. I probably dont need them, but I think it would help out the appearance.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:58 AM
breagles
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Brake Kits

I bought some x drilled slotted that are stockdiameter (so you don't have to change calipers) made by baer for $220.00 atAUTOZONE ask for the decelerotors and I got some rear brembos that are also x drilled slotted and look exactly like the baers but i haven't installed the rears yet . then get some caliper paint and make sure it says caliper paint or when you get brake fluid on the paint will blemish bad !They look sweet .good luck !
Old 05-21-2007, 02:00 AM
breagles
2nd Gear Member

you probably saw mine I'm in S.A. too I drive a blue GT with grey racing stripes . I got the rotors in town they had them in stock .
Old 05-21-2007, 02:54 AM
NORMAN99
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: handyandy

What are some good brake kits?? I saw a GT the other day and those slotted/drilled rotors and red calipers look sweet. It made me want some new brakes. I probably dont need them, but I think it would help out the appearance.
I got the complete Baer system approx $2000 that came with cross drilled rotors and red caliper upgrades.
Way back in the days, my calipers were yellow and i got tired of cleaning them so i decided to buy them pre-colered from the factory.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:31 AM
Chubstang
5th Gear Member

jeez that is one riced out stang, but nice brakes.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:41 AM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

www.buyfordracing.com

Cobra brake upgrade, then pick up some slotted/drilled rotors and be on your way..
Old 05-21-2007, 04:47 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NORMAN99

ORIGINAL: handyandy

I got the complete Baer system approx $2000 that came with cross drilled rotors and red caliper upgrades.
Way back in the days, my calipers were yellow and i got tired of cleaning them so i decided to buy them pre-colered from the factory.
Why did you spend 2000 dollars for a brake system your car can't even come close to using fully? A 2000 dollar brake system doesn't exaclty make since on a mid 200s WHP car.

So far as good brakes on a realistic (not retarded) budget look into the bullit/cobra/mach1 upgrade. They are all basically the same other than the look of the caliper (bullits are red with pony, cobras are differnt color etc) and come with a 13 inch rotor.

Its not what I would run if I was going to mainly autocross with the car, but they are a great strip/street upgrade, don't break the bank, and I could notice an immediate difference when i got in the car.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:42 AM
breagles
2nd Gear Member

If you wanna spen 220 dollars here,s what you get
Old 05-22-2007, 12:52 AM
handyandy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: breagles

you probably saw mine I'm in S.A. too I drive a blue GT with grey racing stripes . I got the rotors in town they had them in stock .
I actually saw a gray one like mine. But I bet yours looks good too. You say 220?? Where did you find them exactly.

Also everyone, is the rotor the main part of the brake that makes the stopping power, or is it the caliper?? I dont have a ton of hp so I know I dont really NEED badass brakes, but I like that slotted/drilled look with the red calipers. Should I spend money to get new calipers? Or just the rotors? And are bullitts rotors bigger than a GT's?
Old 05-22-2007, 01:31 AM
Donnie's GTS
4th Gear Member

bullitt/mach 1/cobra brake kit, 13inch rotors with 2-piston calipers, cant go wrong.

Quick Reply: Brake Kits