4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

PLEASE HELP!

Old 05-29-2007, 02:49 AM
01stalliongt
1st Gear Member

Default PLEASE HELP!

ok this is kinda long and maybe hard to understand just try to bear with me and help if you can.
1st off i had to replace my clutch about 3 weeks ago car has been driving pretty good except for the chatter due to not having the flywheel resurfaced/replaced.(wasnt aware i needed to at the time) Ok so now i find out that the wrong clutch was installed in my car the guy worked on my car on the side to save me some money. Come to find out the clutch installed was the wrong clutch he put a 3650 cobra clutch instead of a t45 clutch. Both clutches are 11 inches i have talked to the ford place and they said it shouldnt hurt anything its just a stronger clutch. To the point my clutch pedal is vibrating very badly. For example i can put it in first gear press the gas and say the rpms got to about 2500 or so my pedal vibrates so bad you can hear it and it does it in all gears. Also when i change the gear its kinda like jerking the car hard likeit wants to take off fast.Has anyone had this problem before or think they can help please do. I have reservations to leave for the beach in 3 days so i need it fixed. Thanks
Old 05-29-2007, 02:59 AM
cahtr6
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: PLEASE HELP!

Sounds like something is out of balance or not put together correctly take it back to the mechanic.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:58 AM
^iLLuSiOn^
2nd Gear Member

yea something is definetly off... take it back, also if he is a mechanic, why didnt he know to resurface the flywheel????
Old 05-29-2007, 07:10 PM
01stalliongt
1st Gear Member

yea thats my point thats why i dont want to take it back to him i guess i will just go to the ford dealership. Whats really said is that he works at a ford dealership in a different town.

Search this Thread