4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Flowmaster 10 Series ???'s

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 06:17 PM
gsxrstang69
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Flowmaster 10 Series ???'s

ORIGINAL: svt_97cobra

ORIGINAL: LetThePoniesRunFree

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/pr...oducts_id=3245

This is the muffler that I am running. Granted, I have a custom exhaust. It will not "bolt" right in.

[hr]

I have an 2.5' x-pipe, so wouldnt I need a 2.5' muffler? Like I said, I want my car to be LOUD, I have Long tube headers and x-pipe would I need anything else in order to install the 10 series? Would I need custom piping since I will probably just run dumps?
I have 10 Series dumps on my 97 Cobra. To say the least they are rediculously loud. I dont have headers just an offroad x pipe. After having these on nothing is the same. You will need some custom pipe bent to make them work. its not that bad.

I get compliments all the time on them. They are loud but they sound very good. Their right on the borderline of being too much. I cant imagine what they would be like with longtubes.

Heres a picture of what mine look like under the car and what the whole setup looks like.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:04 PM
svt_97cobra
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: gsxrstang69

This is the muffler that I am running. Granted, I have a custom exhaust. It will not "bolt" right in.

[hr]

I have an 2.5' x-pipe, so wouldnt I need a 2.5' muffler? Like I said, I want my car to be LOUD, I have Long tube headers and x-pipe would I need anything else in order to install the 10 series? Would I need custom piping since I will probably just run dumps?
I have 10 Series dumps on my 97 Cobra. To say the least they are rediculously loud. I dont have headers just an offroad x pipe. After having these on nothing is the same. You will need some custom pipe bent to make them work. its not that bad.

I get compliments all the time on them. They are loud but they sound very good. Their right on the borderline of being too much. I cant imagine what they would be like with longtubes.

Heres a picture of what mine look like under the car and what the whole setup looks like.

[hr]

Thanks for the help. How much pipe bending will be needed for them to work? Are they the 2.5' mufflers? Is there any way you could post a sound clip of them? thanks once again for all of your help
Old 06-13-2007, 12:44 AM
gsxrstang69
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gsxrstang69

[hr]

[hr]

Thanks for the help. How much pipe bending will be needed for them to work? Are they the 2.5' mufflers? Is there any way you could post a sound clip of them? thanks once again for all of your help
Really you only need one bend on each side as you can see. Yes, they are the 2.5 mufflers. I got them off of Ebay. I will look for a soundclip of them. It will be with the Mac OffRoad H instead of the X as my trans has been out and i havent had a camera to get a clip of the x pipe.