4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Professional Products?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 11:57 AM
dgantt
1st Gear Member

Default Professional Products?????

Hey everyone,
I want to get a 75mm throttle body and upper plenum for my 01. I want Accufab but they are over $400. bucks. I have seen advertisements for a company called Pofessional Products in one of my magazines I get. Has any one heard of them, or better yet have this unit? It is about half the price, but my dad always said you get what you pay for. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:19 PM
street_fighterGT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Professional Products?????

Iwas wondering the same thing. I see the ad for the Professional Products plenum/TB all the time for about half the price. They sell them on Ebay. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same thing as all the other plenums. Their product looks like its great quaility but I'm like you dgantt, you get what you pay for...but sometimes you run across some really good deals .
Old 06-25-2007, 12:26 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

There are a few peeps on here that have em' with no issues
Old 06-25-2007, 12:41 PM
OzzDOA
3rd Gear Member

I have it and it works well. The PP TB/Plenum is the same as the Trickflow ones. The throttle response is improved and there is a little more mid and top end power. Only problem I had with mind is the little cam at the end of the throttle cable didn't quite fit into the linkage correctly. I hit the cam with a bit of WD-40 and used channel lock pliers to get it in all the way. Other than that install was easy, took a total of maybe 40 minutes. Payed a total of $220 an some change.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:51 PM
dgantt
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the comments, do you think the performance and quality would be close to the accufab version?
Old 06-25-2007, 01:03 PM
dgantt
1st Gear Member

Do you know if they are polished?
Old 06-25-2007, 01:46 PM
OzzDOA
3rd Gear Member

All TB/Plenum combos are within 1-3 HP/Torque of eachother with a N/A setup. Only time you'll see a larger differance is with FI. And yes it comes in both satin and polished finishes.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:11 PM
BuzzCut
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OzzDOA

The throttle response is improved and there is a little more mid and top end power.
How do you know you have better power? The butt meter isn't accurate and is usually exaggerated. Let's see the dyno sheet.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:32 PM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

^ he's probably referring to the better throttle response.....while you cant really feel a difference in horsepower, throttle response is something that you can.....I did plenum/TB/UDP's at the same time and I definetly felt a pick-up in response.....
Old 06-25-2007, 02:43 PM
35thAnni99GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT03 TJS

^ he's probably referring to the better throttle response.....while you cant really feel a difference in horsepower, throttle response is something that you can.....I did plenum/TB/UDP's at the same time and I definetly felt a pick-up in response.....
+1... The car didn't really feel any faster but where as before the car "hesitated" a little when I got on the gas it longer did that.

Quick Reply: Professional Products?????