MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Noise violation? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/31255-noise-violation.html)

stonemonk9 01-14-2005 03:35 AM

RE: Noise violation?

I just go wiht the whole clutch in thing when i pass cops or i keep it at a real low rpm, but I have been pulled over once b4

2004 GT RagTop 01-14-2005 03:41 AM

oh yea pushing in the clutch is a good idea. Does it decrease the sound enough tho?

Did you get a ticket when you got pulled over, or did the cop let it slide?

stonemonk9 01-14-2005 03:51 AM

He gave me a written warning to have it fixed, puttin the clutch has worked eversince i got pulled over! lol

velazsc 01-14-2005 09:44 AM

Being a highway patrol officer, I love to pick on rice burner imports with loud exhausts. They have the most annoying sound and look so F@*%ing stupid with a muffler the size of a trash can. They are so easy to find. Look for the airplane size rear wing, cheesy rims, and a fugly paint job. Nothing sounds better than a Mustang with a great exhaust. Just go easy on take-offs and work thru the gears and you will have no problems. jdaniel is so right, drive like a jackass and you will see me in your mirror. No matter what, it will be too late by then. If you need to show off your ride, go to the track. Not the street. I will pencil F@*% You. Best part of my job, I got to drive the Special Service Mustang before they were put out to pasture.

93 Cobra
Performance Red
Hooker Headers w/ Flowmaster exhaust
BBK air filter kit

03 Cobra
Oxford white
MagnaFlow exhaust
K&N filter
BBK Twin 65mm Throttle Body

Driver_Kiddo 01-14-2005 09:53 AM

ur a highway patrol officer?

[sm=nono.gif]

oops...[sm=guilty.gif]

um...[sm=helpout.gif]

juust j/k

you are right...reckless driving shouldnt be tolerated on the streeets... im still [sm=guilty.gif] though

velazsc 01-14-2005 10:05 AM

Yes, I am. I think we all are guilty of that that sometime or another. I wasn't always an officer.

Driver_Kiddo 01-14-2005 10:41 AM

tru dat well said [sm=smiley10.gif]

i hope you will keep the streets clean but giving a brake sometimes is cool :D

Sidewayz6.0 01-14-2005 12:54 PM

Actually, the day I took the burnout video, I was on my way into work and there was a cop behind me. I didn't even see him there. So I left the light, and stood on it, a little haze off the tires, and then ripped second and got off of it. Next thing I know, the cop flys up next to me and looks over (through my ghetto ass limo tint) and gives me this WTF? look and shakes his head. D'OH!

But he didn't stop. Just thought I was a dumbass.

AllVenom 01-14-2005 01:03 PM

ORIGINAL: velazsc

Yes, I am. I think we all are guilty of that that sometime or another. I wasn't always an officer.
No offense, but I hate you cops (at least when your in your patrol car), especially the HPs. You never give breaks. What I hate most is being singled out because I'm in the sports car, while some a$$hole in a sedan can cruising with me at 80 is left alone on the freeway. Do they teach you to pull people over in sports cars first, or is it some jealousy thing?

Sidewayz6.0 01-14-2005 01:10 PM

You have to put it into perspective. You're driving 80, and some 40 year old in a town car is driving 80, who has more experience? Who is more likely to kill a minivan full of kids? Thats pretty harsh to say you hate all cops. Some are dicks and have a power trip. I agree. But I have all the respect in the world for these guys. They get paid like chumps to go out and keep people like you (who just bitch and say you hate them) safe from the evils of the world.

So who are you going to call when someone is holding you up at gunpoint, or car jacking you? Maybe someone killed a family member and you want them brought to justice??? The Fire Department probably isn't going to help you.