4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

2nd DAMN TURBO!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 03:06 AM
stonemonk9
3rd Gear Member

Default 2nd DAMN TURBO!

So this toyota i think its an mr2 with the turbo rolls by today and stomps it followed by the lil blow off valve noise. So we make it to a toll both and he gets out before me cuz my stupid gate wouldnt go up, but i stomp on it and by the time i got goin he was prob 2-3 car lenghts and kept it that way untill I hit 3rd then it seemed like i was pullin on him and then shifted 4th and was gettin closer but by then he started to brake. This pisses me off, I just did all this F'n work to this thing and im gettin beat by damn rice burners! Thats 2 turbo ricers in 2 months! Its a real ego killer! I know turbos are easy to make quick, but i really want to be able to beat those fokers N/A so I just rub it in that I dont need FI to beat an FI car!
Old 01-14-2005, 03:08 AM

Default RE: 2nd DAMN TURBO!

Turbo "ricers" can be pretty quick little machines. You just gotta learn to pick your battles better.

Old 01-14-2005, 03:10 AM
Driver_Kiddo
3rd Gear Member

yeah...

i had an experience with the GTI....it wasnt a good one. that thing killed my stock GT....
Old 01-14-2005, 03:13 AM
stonemonk9
3rd Gear Member

Ya, I've noticed that! lol, this thing was definately a rice burner though, im not jus generalizing, the exhaust was the wierdest thing ive ever saw, it was like 6inches wide, it went the width of the car barely under the rear bumper and stuck out the side
Old 01-14-2005, 03:15 AM
Driver_Kiddo
3rd Gear Member

i just threw up a little...[&:]
Old 01-14-2005, 03:15 AM

well that doesn't necessarily mean rice. Even small displacement cars need larger diameter exhaust with more boost.

It might have just been curving around all over the place, the mr2 is a Mid engine/rwd setup, so there's not much room back there for a simple exhaust.

Old 01-14-2005, 03:18 AM
stonemonk9
3rd Gear Member

I c, well either way it looked goofy as hell, and my rice catagory is anything with a huge fart can stickers and goofy body kits, and he passed for em all, but I will admit he was fast rice! lol
Old 01-14-2005, 03:18 AM
stieny
3rd Gear Member

I guess it just depends on who you catch. Could have had some mods done. FI cars as mentioned are very tunable. I've only raced one FI 4 and it was a talon tsi and got him by about a car length or two. Oh well, you win some you loose some.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:21 AM

ORIGINAL: stonemonk9

I c, well either way it looked goofy as hell, and my rice catagory is anything with a huge fart can stickers and goofy body kits, and he passed for em all, but I will admit he was fast rice! lol
Yeah, one of my last street races I ever did was against a 91 Miata. It looked like it just had a big fart can on it, that is until he got around the cloverleaf and stepped on it. The guy put about 10 cars on me by the time I wound through 3rd and caught up to him at the next light. Exhausts like that, whether ricey or not, will help keep the backpressure to a minimum giving all the power you can without having a straight cutout.

Turns out he had a T3/T4 on it. I'd venture to say he was in the mid to low 14s with it.

Just be careful man, you never know what someone has been spending money on...

Old 01-14-2005, 03:26 AM
GT1999
3rd Gear Member

dude what are u thinking.... you lost because he was ahead of you to begin with. what do u expect. ofcourse if a car starts before you then you will most likley lose. if u both started at the same time and you lost by 3 cars that would be diff. i dont know how u expect to beat a car that started with 3 car lengths on you befor eu even got going

Quick Reply: 2nd DAMN TURBO!