4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

OVERCHARGED..need some help

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 10:56 AM
ONE BAD GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: OVERCHARGED..need some help

ORIGINAL: Dan02GT

You should have just gotten a capacitor...

WORD!!!!
Old 01-15-2005, 11:08 AM
Mustangous
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: OVERCHARGED..need some help

i would suggest to fix the battery light problem first. A electric water pump is not really reliable. Escpecially if you dont have good aftermarket gauges. I dont trust the stock gauges for anything. Also them dont tell you exact temp. Only hot or cold and somewhere in between. If that water pump failed for some stupid reason like a bad connector or whatever then your gonna overheat and you wont know it until you happen to look at the gauge and say...oh damn. And with a battery light comming on there is something going on too. so not a good time to try that yet. I say fix the battery light problem and then think about the electric water pump. Oh....

ORIGINAL: ONE BAD GT

ORIGINAL: Dan02GT

You should have just gotten a capacitor...

WORD!!!!
yeah what they said. and just because you have a new battery and a new altinator doesnt mean there there could be something wrong. Theres electronic components in an alternator for the regulator and they can go at any give time for any reason...like during shippment...goodluck in troubleshooting this.