4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Why are we hated so much.....?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 11:56 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Why are we hated so much.....?

I do pick on 2000Si a little for driving the import, but I have to admit that there are a lot of nice imports out there. I dont particularly hate any car unless it has a fart can and an un-called for paint job. LOL There are some out there with taste and when I see them I shake the mans/womans hand who is driving it.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:43 AM
sp3nis
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

I do pick on 2000Si a little for driving the import, but I have to admit that there are a lot of nice imports out there. I dont particularly hate any car unless it has a fart can and an un-called for paint job. LOL There are some out there with taste and when I see them I shake the mans/womans hand who is driving it.
Exactly, its not the car itself. (well maybe in rare cases, like a honda with a fartcan) But its more the driver and thier attitude and respect. I friends with a few STi's, a supra, and a Nissain Sentra SER V-spec, and some more. They are nice people, know what a fast car is, apperatie one when they see it, respect me, so respect them.

Edit: Sorry for the ford bashing but your thinking Sentra WTF??? Well my close friend has one, and when i dont drive because stang is bad in weather, i usually hop in with him. I have not yet had more fun in a family sedan like this before. I cant count how many v6 mustangs we have put to shame in that thing. From a roll, dig whatever you know it we put like amount of cars on it. What a great sleeper to get a few fun kills in.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:52 AM

I had a spec V. 175 hp and 180 ft lbs of torque is fun... not to mention the stock LSD.

Old 01-17-2005, 12:52 AM
00Stang
2nd Gear Member

Sheesh, if you like mustangs, good for you, if you don't, who cares, too many people have too much time on their hand to insult other cars that they probably never driven and given a chance to. I agree with 2000si, good way to put it.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:56 AM
neogenic83
3rd Gear Member

The only thing I think is worse than the 4in fart can is the roof scoops. I understand why it is on the ralley car. but come on anything else it just looks stupid. but I guess the same could be said about our fake scoops. atleast ours look good though. oh and while I am on my soapbox. who cares if the car has a BOV. when one drives by me I don't need to hear their car bounce off the rev limiter for a block so they can make that thing go off a few times. I used to think and I am sure I am not the only one think they were kinda a cool car. but now they are painted as being driven by homos.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:36 AM
Phillyblunt474
2nd Gear Member

Im totaly un biased on import and domestic. I drive a honda accord for daily driver, my stang for fun, and everyone and ahwile it becomds the daily driver, and my 85 Jeep cj-7 for off roading. Totally didnt types of cars, and i like em all. They work perfectly for what i need them to do. I dont go up to some import that ive never seen or ran agisnt before and just say hes a ricer for being a import. Stangs could be hated for being an american symbol of cars for so long. When you think of american cars, a mustang is always what comes to mind, and when you have a symbol like that, there bound to be some die hard lovers, and die hard haters
Old 01-17-2005, 05:01 AM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

I guess the same could be said about our fake scoops. atleast ours look good though.
I agree they look good, but you can argue asthetics until you're blue in the face and nobody will win that arguement. It's all personal preference. Someone has to love and someone has to hate, thats just how it is. I'm just glad most of the people in here are open minded and judge on a performance basis and offer their opinions as just that instead of trying to state them as fact.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:03 PM
sp3nis
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Emann0007

I guess the same could be said about our fake scoops. atleast ours look good though.
I agree they look good, but you can argue asthetics until you're blue in the face and nobody will win that arguement. It's all personal preference. Someone has to love and someone has to hate, thats just how it is. I'm just glad most of the people in here are open minded and judge on a performance basis and offer their opinions as just that instead of trying to state them as fact.

My hood scope isnt fake....[sm=bling.gif]
Old 01-17-2005, 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: neogenic83

The only thing I think is worse than the 4in fart can is the roof scoops. I understand why it is on the ralley car. but come on anything else it just looks stupid. but I guess the same could be said about our fake scoops. atleast ours look good though. oh and while I am on my soapbox. who cares if the car has a BOV. when one drives by me I don't need to hear their car bounce off the rev limiter for a block so they can make that thing go off a few times. I used to think and I am sure I am not the only one think they were kinda a cool car. but now they are painted as being driven by homos.
The BOV isn't there to just so you have to listen to it, that's just a perk of having a boosted motor.

Old 01-17-2005, 12:26 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

i love the fact our stangs look hella good stock and we don't need any mods to make it look nice or mean.

Quick Reply: Why are we hated so much.....?