4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Is it just my 04 GT??

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 09:43 PM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Is it just my 04 GT??

Yeah, the plasctic all over doesn't help one bit I agree. Thats the first thing I thought when I sat in it was that the interior was a little on the cheap side. But than I drove it and I was sold. and I really dont remember any of these noises from before I bought it. I can just hear the stealership now......" you had to remove the trim plate around the radio and vents when you replaced the radio and you F*cked it up. NOT COVERED!". I would just punch the service writer in the face and probably go to jail if I got treated like that!! I will bring the car in this weekend.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:47 PM
Raven27
1st Gear Member

Jiggy_One...I have the same rattle you have in the front dash above the vents. I found a cheap fix...turn the radio up!
Old 01-18-2005, 11:37 PM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

Good fix, but I love to just listen to the exhaust too!! Maybe thats not loud enough either!! LOL!
Old 01-18-2005, 11:54 PM
00mustangGT_BLK
1st Gear Member

Im rattle free! In fact I have owned imports and domestics. not in this order... a 99 Mistsubish brand new, 84 Nissian long bed 3 yrs old, Ive owned a Camaro 89 SS 2 yrs old at the time of purchase and a 81 Pontiac Trans Am, brand new. A Buick Regal Limited Edition 82 ..brand new at the time, wifes car. A 87 Chevy Monte Carlo 3 yrs old at the time of purchase, Oh yeah and another Buick Regal SommerSet 89, 2 yrs old at time of purchase. All clean cars and well taken care of by me or past owners.. All these cars rattled and seemed to ride very roughly right out of the gate or atleast soon after buying them. I can honestly say I feel like my 2000 Mustang GT feels as strong a tank compared to those cars I have owned in the past or still own. Only thing that rattles on my GT is the Tire Jack . I cant find the damn nut to keep it secured down.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:30 AM
InfernoKron
1st Gear Member

My Mach doesn't rattle, shake, or roll. But in the passenger seat you can hear the shifter go into a gear, makes a thump/thud sound and u feel the car kinda thump. Problem is that's only in the passenger seat, and you hear a whine while it accelerates in the passenger seat, almost like a super charger...again not in the drivers seat. No idea what's causing these but seeing as I don't ride passenger much in my car (if I let anyone else drive it I ride passenger which is how I know about these) the sounds arn't much of a problem.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

My Mach doesn't rattle, shake, or roll.
You might want to have that looked at. I think it's supposed to.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:32 PM
kubball2005
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jiggy_One

something on the top of the dash or under the dash is moving or rubbing with another dash piece and it is making a small creaking noise. Like I said about the cold, it may go away when summer comes, but what about winters after that?? When I had my radio out because I replaced it, I tightened all the screws I could find without taking the whole dash off and still getting those little plastic rubbing creaks. Its like the whole dash is just a hair loose or something and when I take off I get a small flex and it makes the middle section where the cup holders do the same creaking noise!! I am going to the dealer asap and I am going to make them fix every damn noise I can find!
Yeah I got my mustang last summer and it didn't make any noises like that but when winter kicked in I notice a creaking everyone in awhile when I take off from a stoplight or stop sign. It doesn't happen all the time so it's not that annoying to me yet
Old 01-19-2005, 03:41 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: sidewayz4.6

My Mach doesn't rattle, shake, or roll.
You might want to have that looked at. I think it's supposed to.
ha ha ha ha [sm=happybounce.gif]

sorry about the ***** post, but that was dang funny sidewayz.[sm=hail.gif]
Old 01-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Thank you...Thank you...Try the veal, I'll be here all week!
Old 01-19-2005, 05:15 PM
RedStangGT2000
2nd Gear Member

The only Rattles I get in my 2000 GT is the cd's in the case in my passenger seat.
But I have heard Mustangs/Fbodies do rattle here and there do to the power and not having a full frame.

Just run straight pipes or crank the stereo...No more Rattles