4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

trac-control light is always on, when i click it nothing happends!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 04:14 AM
gulfinc

Default trac-control light is always on, when i click it nothing happends!!!

trac-control light is always on, when i click it nothing happends!!! i replaced the button, still nothing!!

its for a 99 svt cobra!

help@!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2005, 04:55 AM
LIVIN_LEGEND
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: trac-control light is always on, when i click it nothing happends!!!

i do not know the answer..... but you want a response........is trac-control always on? the light is lit but is it actually activated meaning when you hit it does trac control go off but light is still on?
Old 01-21-2005, 08:47 AM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

Default RE: trac-control light is always on, when i click it nothing happends!!!

So is it the little green icon on the dash or the button?

The button light should be on when trac control is DISABLED, off when it isn't. Pull out of the drive way and side step the clutch. It should light them up if the switch is in the correct position.

If the green icon is on you might have a problem with the wheel sensors and that would be reeking havoc on the car.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:19 AM
gulfinc

the button by the stick!!!

the light is always on!

nothing on my dash is coming on! when i hit the button!

also i just replaced the button!

HELp
Old 01-21-2005, 10:36 AM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

Button light on = Trac Off.

Button light off = Track On

Is there a chip or tune in the car? You can disable the trac control through the computer so it is always off. That will light up the button at all times and pressing doesn't do anything.

I would guess you have a tune in it. A lot of people disable it if they run nitrous or FI because of how it control the traction, will lead to a sudden drop in fuel and the potential for it to go boom.

If you got a chip pull it out and see if you can control it then, if done with a tuner (predator, SCT) you will need to go in that way to see. If you bought it used and don't know, try and find the orgianol owner or have Ford reflash the CPU for you.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:44 AM
krafty02
2nd Gear Member

It took me a week but now everytime I get in my car I buckle up for safety, then reach over and turn on the light, I think your lucky.

K.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:54 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SilverGTV8

Button light on = Trac Off.

Button light off = Track On

Is there a chip or tune in the car? You can disable the trac control through the computer so it is always off. That will light up the button at all times and pressing doesn't do anything.

I would guess you have a tune in it. A lot of people disable it if they run nitrous or FI because of how it control the traction, will lead to a sudden drop in fuel and the potential for it to go boom.

If you got a chip pull it out and see if you can control it then, if done with a tuner (predator, SCT) you will need to go in that way to see. If you bought it used and don't know, try and find the orgianol owner or have Ford reflash the CPU for you.
I would agree. The car has been tuned to turn it off.

Don't worry about it, the traction control sucks anyways. Its never gonna save you in a bad situation, and it makes you look like a jackass if you accidentally have it on and try to race someone.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:06 AM
GTron
1st Gear Member

I would just go ahead and do a quicky burnout just to make sure that the traction controll is off and not just f'd up.

Man I wish I had mine turned off for good.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:38 AM
krafty02
2nd Gear Member

wonder if there is a fuse that can be pulled to disable it? I am thinking it's tied into the abs though... that would be bad.

Old 01-23-2005, 05:44 PM
gulfinc

ok this is what i did, unpluged the battery!

when i click the button cart-Trac will not go off!

whats is wrong with it?

Quick Reply: trac-control light is always on, when i click it nothing happends!!!