4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Installed tb/plenum and CAI....but...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 11:33 AM
Hells GT
2nd Gear Member

Default Installed tb/plenum and CAI....but...

Accufba TB & Plenum, Densecharger CAI......Ive noticed 2 htings after the install...

1. When stepping on it a bit(saying about 2500-3k RPMS) it almost sounds like the CAI makes somewhat of a turbo sound. Is this normal?

2. My idle is a bit jumpy between about 700-900. You can definatly feel the idle changing at times. What is the cause and cure to this?
Old 01-26-2005, 12:24 PM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Installed tb/plenum and CAI....but...

Your car needs to readjust to the new plenum/TB and the MAF reset when you disconnected the battery. It should go away in about a week.

From what i have heard it is normal for the intake to make that noise at those RPMs. I haven't installed mine yet so i can't tell you from first hand experiance. Just double check all you connections are tight and you aren't getting any unmetered air in.

Oh, how long did it take you to install all that stuff? I have the same list to install and I am figuring under 2hrs for everything (acutally thinking like an hour)
Old 01-26-2005, 12:29 PM
Hells GT
2nd Gear Member

The install is very easy and was a 1st time for me. It took me about 2 hours to remove the old and put on the new. The worst part of the entire install was getting the filter and L pipe to hold into the fender well while trying to connect the rest of the intake. If you have somebody available to hold it into place for you it will probably knock off atleast 20 mins. I was on my own and had to battle through it.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:30 PM
Hells GT
2nd Gear Member

BTW, make sure you go for a cruise before and after the install. Its amazing how much of a differance you will notice. I wasnt expecting nearly as much as I got out of it, and thats with the stock MAM, I still need to order the MAM 85mm from tunable induction.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:35 PM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

95mm!!!! That's alittle big for a N/A application 85mm would be a better choice.

Probably won't go for a ride before, installing all this stuff before I take it off the stands plus a handful of other stuff. I am expecting a completely different car when it comes off the stands the 1st time and can't wait until it comes off the stands after the 4.10s are in later that week.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:37 PM
Hells GT
2nd Gear Member

oops..i meant 85mm i thought thats what i typed....95mm was a typo.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Hells GT
2nd Gear Member

Yea, I had thought about doing my installs all at once. However I decided not to because if something goes wrong it would be more difficult to troubleshoot the problem. Thats why I decided to do it in seperate stages.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:43 PM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

I thought of that too. But I trouble shoot for a living (Automation Engineer) It looks pretty striaght forward, only have to becareful on a couple steps.

I figure I can have it in an hour NP unless the TPS gives me trouble.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:48 PM
GT1999
3rd Gear Member

i also have the same set up... make sure u dont have a strut tower brace otherwise the tunable induction TB pipe wont fit... i took apart my intake and then i had to put it back together... i remeoved my strut tower brace yesterday and this weekend im gonna put in the intake MAM tb and plenum... ya looks real easy... just kind of replace the old pars with the new... and ive already taken it apart and put it back together like 3 times ... so im sure itll be pretty much the same thing
Old 01-26-2005, 12:50 PM
Hells GT
2nd Gear Member

im not even sure which part the strut tower brace is, but I had nothing in my way so it was all good.

Quick Reply: Installed tb/plenum and CAI....but...