4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What should I do now?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 03:27 PM
MustangFreak77

Default What should I do now?

I have a 2001 GT Manual. I was driving in 4th gear and accelerating and then a loud bang , it sounded like a huge exhaust leak or vacuum leakand the sound just continued until I immediately pulled off the road and shut it down. I installed BBKLT and O/R X-pipe last November but I looked under the hood and but couldn't tell if the passenger header came loose. I started the car again and the noise went away but when I went to leave it happened again. Any ideas of what it could be, the noise is coming from the back of the engine by the firewall on the passenger side.

Just to make matters worse when I had it towed to my school so I can fix it on Monday the driver side window won't go up and I think the motor is bad... What a day.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:42 PM
red2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What should I do now?

Theres a lot of things it could be and its going to be hard to diagnose over the internet, your best bet is to have someone take a look at it. It could be something as simple as the headers backing off the bolts causing a bad exhaust leak or it could be something internal like a thrown rod.