4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

LOCK ME!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 10:57 AM
2002GTAUTOVERT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Automatic shifting problems

ORIGINAL: ba98mgt

Should I even keep bumping this being nobody has a clue?
between your last post and this one (30 minutes at 11:30pm and 12:00 midnight) you expect to have everyone get on this site JUST to solve your problem??

you tell us the car hit a curb (idiot) and you lost all gears. then you say you did a valve body and you got all gears back except reverse. has it occured to you that maybe there is more than 1 problem? with the information you provided us with, "the car wont go into reverse" it could be a number of things... first check to see if your cell phone is blocking the shifter.. second take it to a tranny shop since we cant be there to look at it ourselves and you cant fix it. apparantly you can do a valve body and fix 1/2 the problem with all gears going forward, but you cant troubleshoot the 1 backwards gear.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:06 AM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

How can you stump everyone in the title of the thread? How many tranny shops have you stumped with it?

It's pretty obviously somethings broken/jammed/stuck either take it somewhere or troubleshoot it yourself. Whatever actually broke it could be a million things inside the tranny; unless it is your cell phone.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:35 PM
ba98mgt
1st Gear Member

I edited the title after I had noresponces after abour 5 days....

If you don't have any good input or ideas, get the **** out, simple as that.

We will have to take it to a tranny shop (no ****!) but we were trying to see if it was something moresimple being the valve body did the trick on the forward gears.

If you dont have any good input and just wanna rant and BS, PM me and we can go at it there. This thread is for any ideas on what the problem could be. Any ideas welcome. Anybody who has nothing helpfull to say are not welcome.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:35 PM
shaun12
2nd Gear Member

Seriously guys, hes just asking a question. No matter how simple orstupid it may seem....he's just looking for a few answers and maybe a lilttle help.

Good luck with that dude...i've been known to blow a few auto trannys...
Old 08-24-2007, 02:23 AM
ba98mgt
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shaun12

Seriously guys, hes just asking a question. No matter how simple orstupid it may seem....he's just looking for a few answers and maybe a lilttle help.

Good luck with that dude...i've been known to blow a few auto trannys...
Thank you!

It's not even my car, it's my uncles and I'm trying to help him with it. I help him on weekends...

I sold my SN95 4.6, it was complete and utter garbage and bought a Supra instead : )
Now I can go really fast, lol!
Old 08-24-2007, 05:50 AM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

I know it sounds obvious, but take a real good look at your linkage. Did you mess with it at all when doing the valve body swap?
Old 08-24-2007, 08:01 AM
02STALKERGT
2nd Gear Member

When you are yelling at people on here you really need to refer to their names(2002GTAUTOVERT), otherwise it looks like you could be yelling at the wrong people. Good luck with the car.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:21 AM
2002GTAUTOVERT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ba98mgt

I edited the title after I had noresponces after abour 5 days....

If you don't have any good input or ideas, get the **** out, simple as that.

We will have to take it to a tranny shop (no ****!) but we were trying to see if it was something moresimple being the valve body did the trick on the forward gears.

If you dont have any good input and just wanna rant and BS, PM me and we can go at it there. This thread is for any ideas on what the problem could be. Any ideas welcome. Anybody who has nothing helpfull to say are not welcome.
after you apply the vagisil to make the itching go away.. you might consider a shift valve. i dont give a f*ck if you changed the title, the title was fine the first time and it was arrogant to say "youve stumped everybody" when we have an *** load of tech's that come to this forum. maybe if you changed your attitude you might get some help. out of all the problems ive had, ive never been able to stump anyone on here.. so for you to say you did irritates the hell out of me. we dont know 100% what your problem is.. we suggest the most likely causes since we cant be there to look at it ourselves. if you dont like what we suggest thats really not our problem.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:58 AM
livefast1
5th Gear Member

if you wanted to go fast you should of bought a sport bike, and im sure theres more than one person in here that can blow the doors off your supra.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:27 PM
ba98mgt
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: livefast1

if you wanted to go fast you should of bought a sport bike, and im sure theres more than one person in here that can blow the doors off your supra.
Bikes are ghey.

My supra is mostly stock. Congrats, someone has a car faster than mine, who cares?? The Supra is way faster than my POS 4.6 and can go way faster... 5.0's can run with supra's, I have YET to see a decked out 2V 4.6 come even near a decked out Supra.....

With the Supra, I can go fast straight line, autocross, and drift.. Mustangs are good for straight line and MAYBE some drifting.... I just have mose of a use for the Supra

And, from a roll, they are kinda untouchable by most cars...

Quick Reply: LOCK ME!