4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

IMRC problems please help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

Default IMRC problems please help!

I just disassembled my intake and cleaned my imrc plates and the intakes I also changed the actuator and put on a new one. I am still getting a p1519 which means its still not working I made sure the plug was in too.What is wrong? I have a 1996 gt with a 1997 cobra engine. I have the cobra engine wiring harness and the ECM. I do not have the dash wiring or the dash gauges.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: IMRC problems please help!

Bump.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:56 AM
97targa
5th Gear Member

You should only need the wire harness for the motor and the ECU. You can try to pour some Seafoam into the PCV valve while the car is running. This will clean out the IMRC valves more than what you did. The engine will surge (kinda like spraying T/B cleaner in the intake) Just make sure you park your car outside and pour it in very slowly because smoke will be rolling out those exhaust tips!..lol It's OK many people have done this. It's just evaporating out the exhaust is all! Directly into the intake and out the exhaust! If you do pull them apart again, just strip them of all their components and use some silicone sealer where the holes are. This will remove them. You will lose a little low end, but nothing drastic. Atleast you won't have the problem again!
Old 08-23-2007, 01:48 AM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

I mean i really cleaned them the whole top of the engine is like new. But why wont it work I have a brand new actuator.Is there a fuse or somthing in the wires?So if i take them out hi temp silicone really? How bad would performance be?
Old 08-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

bump
Old 08-23-2007, 04:28 PM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

I just zip tied the imrc's open and it runs much better definately thinkin about a delete unless someone could tell me how to fix it. Can a tuner make the p1519code not come back so Ican pass smog without imrc's?
Old 08-23-2007, 07:50 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Delete the IMRCs there nothing but problems, i learned it the hard way
Old 08-23-2007, 07:54 PM
impaled
2nd Gear Member

i would still try the seafoam. my car has ran soooo much better since i seafoamed it a few months back. just make sure you pour it in slow because i have heard horror stories about people hydrolocking their engine by pouring the seafoamin too fast.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:22 PM
8banger
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ehmark

I just disassembled my intake and cleaned my imrc plates and the intakes I also changed the actuator and put on a new one. I am still getting a p1519 which means its still not working I made sure the plug was in too.What is wrong? I have a 1996 gt with a 1997 cobra engine. I have the cobra engine wiring harness and the ECM. I do not have the dash wiring or the dash gauges.
I'll have to check a wiring schmatic tomorrow...have you checked to see if you have a hot and a ground to the actuator?Have you reved it up abit (WOT SNAP)to see if the IMRC opens any?I'll check morow..
Old 08-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

hot and a ground? I didnt add the actuator to the engine Im using the cobra's wiring harness which plugs in.

Quick Reply: IMRC problems please help!