4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Im back.....!!!!!! couple of ?s (meth)

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:20 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

Default Im back.....!!!!!! couple of ?s (meth)

aight well i know its been a while. jeez, it seems like forever since ive been on here. its kinda funny actually cuz i almost sold my car, and bought a WS6, its really amazing how some people really give mustangs a bad name. they almost ruined it for me...but my g/f talked me out of it, and talked me back in to finishing the build up of my car. so heres where yall come in. so far ive got a vortech and supporting mods. for a while there i was makin a lot of money but now im just kinda makin enough for little stuff here and there. im pretty sure i wanna ditch the rims, i want race rims and DRs.

ive done a little searching and didnt come up with a definitive answer. i went to snowperformance.net. i want the safe guard kit, but it doenst give a kit, just a list of seperate items. what all do i need??

and with the meth, does it have to be tuned seperately for winter and summer. Im in the south so summers are about 90-100*F with ungodly amounts of humidity and winters are about 30-60*F.....any help is appreciated
Old 08-22-2007, 11:30 PM
cheddar
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Im back.....!!!!!! couple of ?s (meth)

i hate you my winters are like -30C and summers are +20C if were lucky but low temps make for good boost woohoo and as far as i can remember from my friends car the tune should be ok for both seeing as its not 2 godly cold where you are but it depends if you run your meth on a switch or permenant if its always hooked up i would recommend gettin it checked out in winter just to be on the safe side but for the most part it should be ok

i'll get back to you on the parts for the meth kit if there are no other replies
Old 08-22-2007, 11:41 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

yea im dead set on meth right now, until i get the motor built. cant afford the standard i/c. the only thing im nervous about is the tune. right now my car runs real hot during the day but at night, its like a whole nother car. its crazy. the best part is that the ricers come out at night, so that makes me smile a lil bit. plus the g/f, can drive better than most guys so i let her drive sometimes.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:51 AM
cheddar
1st Gear Member

nice i love night time and my g/f is a wicked driver to some days i am worried she is eventualyy gonna be able to beat me and i'll get all the meth kit info tomorrow
Old 08-23-2007, 01:05 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Check it out:
https://mustangforums.com/m_3430620/tm.htm
Love my Snow kit, had it put on because of the PI swap/Blower high compression and kept it for the new setup!
Old 08-23-2007, 01:38 AM
cheddar
1st Gear Member

how did your snow meth make a difference towards your high compression set-up? and does it produce noticabe power gains now that you have lower compresion and higher boost
Old 08-23-2007, 12:29 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lizzyfan

Check it out:
https://mustangforums.com/m_3430620/tm.htm
Love my Snow kit, had it put on because of the PI swap/Blower high compression and kept it for the new setup!
i read that but it didnt really answer my question. which kit is best for my application. and how much is the total cost gonna be around
Old 08-23-2007, 07:56 PM
djb1187
5th Gear Member

lol wtf man what made you almost decide to sell your car for a ws6. I know thats not on topic but im just curious. Also is your car a daily driver because im considering your setup for my dd GT
Old 08-23-2007, 08:27 PM
8banger
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JJ03MustangGT

yea im dead set on meth right now, until i get the motor built. cant afford the standard i/c. the only thing im nervous about is the tune. right now my car runs real hot during the day but at night, its like a whole nother car. its crazy. the best part is that the ricers come out at night, so that makes me smile a lil bit. plus the g/f, can drive better than most guys so i let her drive sometimes.
I was considering the same ....as heat soak has killed my E.T's at the track...it was 102 a the shop today with a heat index of 110...And I just got back from playing with a few ricers...and 1 cobra........
Welcome Back......

Old 08-23-2007, 09:56 PM
MooseStang88
2nd Gear Member

I am getting the Snow Performance Kit from Jegs. It's about $400, but they said it is pretty much everything you need. They recommended the Stage 2, and it looks like I have the same supercharger as you.

Quick Reply: Im back.....!!!!!! couple of ?s (meth)