4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

YES!!!! installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 06:02 PM
GT1999
3rd Gear Member

Default YES!!!! installed

i finally installed my spark plugs... it really wasnt that hard, just kind of annoying at sme points... took me about an hour and a half or 2 hours with a phone break . i turned my car on and it actually turned on so i assume everything is fine... unless im wrong

could something go wrong and i wouldnt know for a while? i dont think so since they are just spark plugs but i mean i installed them and turned on my car and im letting it run now for a minute... then im gonna take it out for a spin around the block to see if its completly cool...

do u guys think that if it turned on then everything is fine? im a worry wart when it comes to my car. i always think something could go wrong, even if nothing is wrong so let me know what u guys think

also did u all know that you could move around the fuel injectors. i had no idea, then one moved a little bit my accident and i was so happy because it made it so much easier ... u just kind of turn it a little to the left or the right to free up some space .. good stuff... i hope thats normal lol

let me know what u guys htink
Old 02-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: YES!!!! installed

Sounds like you are really new to wrenching. Good for you to be able to change your own spark plugs.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:13 PM
Richman
1st Gear Member

hopefully u made sure you adjusted the gaps in the plugs-that could be a problem
Old 02-08-2005, 06:22 PM
GT1999
3rd Gear Member

well the plugs are NGK iradiums and they say they come pre gapped... i bought them from mr demolet with my tunable induction intake and MAM.... i measured them and they came out to more than .052 or.054 or whatever the gap is said to be by ford... then i called demolet and asked him, why are these NGKs gapped at .058 or .06 and he said that they are pre gapped and that they are gapped for best performance, even if its not the exact gap space that ford says ... i hope thats right .

i mean i guess it makes sense... they pre gap them to the best performing gap for your car...

what do u guys think ... i hope they are ok
Old 02-08-2005, 06:28 PM
GT1999
3rd Gear Member

just took it on a spin and brought it up to 3500 or so RPMs and it sounded fine... i didnt want to go all the way up with new plugs, i figure ill let them wear in for a minute, even though im sure they dont need to be worn in lol ... anyways my car was running fine if not smoother than before. so ya... but what do u guys think about this spark plugs gap situation
Old 02-08-2005, 06:36 PM
GT1999
3rd Gear Member

well anyways i just called NGK because richman got me worried about my plugs.... i told him that i got this iradiums and just installed them in my car and the gap wasnt the same as ford recommends and i think they are gapped between .058-.060 and ford says something like. .054 should be the gap and he said dont worry about it... damn it now im freaked out that something is gonna break ... someone tell me if its alright , i need reassurance from someone else
Old 02-08-2005, 07:08 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

haha, I felt the same way the first time I worked on a car... lol my first time ever was replacing the longblock in a Camero... for 3 days after work I sat under the car port swapping parts off one engine to the other and putting the engine back in. What a bish... I was so worried the car wouldnt start or the engine would fall out or something I had like 20 extra nuts and bolts and a couple spare pieces that I didn't know where they went. All was well though.

Great thing is next time you change plugs it will only take you 15 minutes... don't worry dude, plugs don't need a break in and you can't really mess the job up. Congrats on your first wrench turning, its all downhill from here!
Old 02-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

GT, relax. There is a big differentiation when it comes to plug gap. If the car is running fine, then don't worry about it. You are too concerned about a small thing like this. You only need to worry if the plugs you put in are too hot for the application. Your's are not, so relax.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:54 PM
GT1999
3rd Gear Member

lol ok everyone , im relaxed now... friday ill be putting on my TB , plenum and new intake w/ mam.... i hope i dont get any wierd worry problems then too lol thanks guys
Old 02-09-2005, 12:39 AM
Vizaracer
2nd Gear Member

ok.. where are the spark plugs in the 4.6 motors? i havent even located them yet.

Quick Reply: YES!!!! installed