4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

New in the Pony Class

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 12:02 AM
militaryjag05
1st Gear Member

Default RE: New in the Pony Class

ADAM03GT thanks for the insight. Now LIVEFAST1 Give me your opening arguements on the Turbo Charging side of the house. i do know less strain for more gain i think that is the saying, but i want more like prices that you know of and makers for the 4.6 SOHC turbo kits so that i can check them out as well.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: militaryjag05

ADAM03GT thanks for the insight. Now LIVEFAST1 Give me your opening arguements on the Turbo Charging side of the house. i do know less strain for more gain i think that is the saying, but i want more like prices that you know of and makers for the 4.6 SOHC turbo kits so that i can check them out as well.
Anytime! And thanks for the service you provide to our country [sm=patriot.gif]!

I know nothing about turbos... Accept for it is rarely done! Im sure there is a reason!

Im not sure on the best places to buy superchargers from but im sure someone will chime in with a few good vendors. If all else fails PM code3gt with any more of your questions. He knows ALL [8D]
Old 09-03-2007, 12:16 AM
livefast1
5th Gear Member

well when i get done my spurt at UTI i plan on weldin my own kit up so i cant really throw prices at you like you want but........ 1.like mentioned above its rarely done and i like bein different 2. since im gonna weld my own kit up i think i can do it cheaper than a supercharger 3. ive seen more than decent torque numbers from a turbo 4.6 4. they sound pretty cool 5. in my opinion before its shot to hell they have more potential for power, for instance a turbo 4.6 running the same amount of boost as a supercharged one will make more power because of the absence of the superchargers parasitic loss.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:52 AM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

An intake valve delete will yield maximum flow gains. The more air the more power. And pretty much anything carbon fiber is F***ing sweet.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:54 PM
kcp1989
3rd Gear Member

exhaust then nitrous ftw
Old 09-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Pitt
2nd Gear Member

I spent like $5k on bolt ons when I got my GT (note its an automatic). Got Longtube headers, full exhaust, TB/plenum, CAI, Steeda pullies, 4.10 gears, Rims/tires, Grill delete and an SCT Xcal 2 tuner with 93 octane tune. After all that I dynod the car (on a dynojet) and I only got 250rwhp. Lots more money then HP heh. Well I just installed a ATI procharger D1-SC with the 3.75" pulley (biggest one, notsure on size),3 core sheetmetal intercooler 42lbs injectors, 90mm LMAF, 255 lph Walbro fuel pump, dyno tuned it and went from 250hp to 370hp on a very safe tune. I wrote all this down so you can see the difference in spending money on Bolt ons and going F/I. Yes the bolt ons help with the power now that its s/c but if I would have to do it again, I would go FI first.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:35 AM
militaryjag05
1st Gear Member

Tbird i am not fully grasping that concept explain if serious and if not serious well then you got me. although i have see open intakes but not a valve delete. Also Tbird sorry to say it but Crabon fiber belongs on Ricers not muscles. there is nothing muscular about little strands of thread and glues. Streel and Metal are muscular. Anyway, Pitt thanks for that tip. Now i guess it is just a matter of finding a good one for a good price.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:04 AM
ktm300
2nd Gear Member

The kenne bell is a positive displacement, not a roots style. But it does make full boost from 2500rpm up, there is an insane amount of TQ available at anytime.

I have one pushing 13lbs of boost into my cobra and I drive it to work everyday, the only downside is I have to run 91octane plus octane booster every time. If you are going s/c im voting for a KB but do a little research and find what suits your needs the best. Also look online for videos of cars with s/c and the KB sounds badass, the others cant even come close to the whine my KB makes!

Old 09-04-2007, 02:51 AM
noshua370

militaryjag05, I would put a Flux Capacitor on it, just in case you need to travel back to the future. You will need a new battery to handle at least 1.21 gigawatts or a plutonium powered nuclear reactor which you can easily find on EBay.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:13 AM
militaryjag05
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: noshua370

militaryjag05, I would put a Flux Capacitor on it, just in case you need to travel back to the future. You will need a new battery to handle at least 1.21 gigawatts or a plutonium powered nuclear reactor which you can easily find on EBay.
I think you mean 1.21 Jigawatts my friend i already have those items and have concealed them we for as youknwo my fellow time traveler they are not street legal.. On time at the track in my old car, i accidently hit the travel mode button and when i hit 88MPH i went back to the start line again and had to do it all over again. I was soooooooo [:@]that i couldnt stand it and i took it out and vowed never to use it again but i ahd to put it in the Pony. now i just have to think of another way switch modes because the TRAC CTRL Button is gettign to obvious for everyone else.

Quick Reply: New in the Pony Class