4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Just bought an 03 GT... noob

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 02:48 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Just bought an 03 GT... noob

Welcome to the Forums and congrats on the new car. The engine in these cars are pretty strong and very durable if properly taken care of. My car see's the redline in the first four gears every time I drive it and it still runs a consistant 13.0-13.1 in the quarter mile. If you get gears (4.10's) and exhaust (Lt headers, X pipe and your choice of catback) you will be very happy. Here is another list of mods that I have done to my car just to give you a idea of what can be done in the future if you really wanna mod your car up. I have every possible bolt on besides a plenum and Im working on that as we speak (C&L). Anyhoo... here you go...

70mm Mac TB
85mm ProM MAM
Densecharger CAI
Steeda UD pulleys
Mac Ceramic Coated LT headers
Bassani O/R X pipe
Magnaflow Weld-in mufflers
Magnaflow 3.5” exhaust tips
SCT Chip

H&R 1.5" progressive rate lowering springs
Monroe Sensatrac Fox body rear shocks
Blue Oval upper and lower control arms
FMS 4.10 gears
11" upgraded Ford racing clutch
Nitto 555R Drag Radials

Pro 5.0 Short throw shifter
Fan on/off switch
Mach 1 grill delete kit

Happy modding.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:50 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

I thought you were getting a KB from Dub.....? Which is surprising to me considering he made all that up. I'd ask for pics before sending any money. Or do COD.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:54 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Yeah... I was talking to Jug when me and dub first started talking and he was lying. I didnt think it was real but I did make plans on getting it if in fact he was telling the truth. But the truth is that he doesnt even have a Mustang most likely. Just another broke a$$ wanna-be! LOL
Old 02-16-2005, 02:57 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

Yeah... I was talking to Jug when me and dub first started talking and he was lying. I didnt think it was real but I did make plans on getting it if in fact he was telling the truth. But the truth is that he doesnt even have a Mustang most likely. Just another broke a$$ wanna-be! LOL
HAHA! And all those times he argued with me about it....tisk tisk. "Posting pictures to prove stuff is ghey!" Dumbass...
Old 02-16-2005, 03:05 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Yeah... he is never coming back to the forums he said because he promised his wife he was only gonna be on for a year. I would say out loud what I really think he is but I might get in a little trouble... but im sure you know the word im thinking of.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:30 PM
USAMuscle
4th Gear Member

Pu$$Y?
Old 02-16-2005, 05:34 PM
OUZBnd
3rd Gear Member

Nice purchase... Gears, exhaust, shifter is a nice upgrade (obviously no hp). Personally, i went with 3.73. Unless you plan on 'racing' a lot, 4.10's are not practical for everyday driving IMO. 3.73 is a nice street gear - it makes the fun factor go up without man downfalls of low rear-end gears. Most of these guys are gonna say go 4.10 or go home though
Old 02-16-2005, 10:58 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: OUZBnd

Nice purchase... Gears, exhaust, shifter is a nice upgrade (obviously no hp). Personally, i went with 3.73. Unless you plan on 'racing' a lot, 4.10's are not practical for everyday driving IMO. 3.73 is a nice street gear - it makes the fun factor go up without man downfalls of low rear-end gears. Most of these guys are gonna say go 4.10 or go home though

Im thinking you have never drove a car with 4.10's because I thought the same thing before mine were installed. I believe 4.10's should be the stock ratio for the GT since Ford refuses to use the 32V or 5.4 in it.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:59 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: USAMuscle

Pu$$Y?

Well... that one too! LOL Keep guessing. Eventually it will come out. LOL
Old 02-16-2005, 11:01 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

how dare you leave out SLP! [&:]

the loudmouths make even magnapacks sound stock, and no, they are not RASPY. i just got Loudmouth 2's put on and they're not nearly as loud, but alot deeper than the regular loudmouths (which were deep to begin with). less vibrations in my car now though. after they get broken in, it's gonna be sweeeeeeeeeeeet. oh, and SLP makes a nice little X pipe, which is nice if you have shorties now and want to upgrade to LTs. you won't have to buy a new pipe.
I knew i left something out. Ive never heard SLP, thats why it slipped my mind sorry man. Id love to hear the loudmouths on a stang though

Quick Reply: Just bought an 03 GT... noob