4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What can I use with Accufab Plenum

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Shelbyville
2nd Gear Member

Default What can I use with Accufab Plenum

I just bought a 75 MM Accufab TB and plenum combo. If I wanted to replace just the TB with something else, would any other brand such as BBK fit. What combination can I use with the Accufab Plenum? I have just about had it with this idle hang problem. It comes and goes and I don't think Accufabhas a solution to the problem. I am about ready to just remove the Accufab TB and sell it and buy another brand TB. Anyone with a Accufab plenum and another brand TB have the idle hang issue? Is it the size of the TB or just Accufabs design?
Old 09-20-2007, 03:42 PM
josh.davis
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What can I use with Accufab Plenum

Im running a 75mm bbk throttle body matched with a trick flow elbow. I have no problems however at low rpms it make a whistle sound, but i think it sounds cool.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:01 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

i have zero problems with my accufab, how many miles have you put on it?
Old 09-20-2007, 04:06 PM
y2kStangGT
3rd Gear Member

what is a plenum?
if i get a TB do i also have to get the plenum?
and what size do i have to go with 70mm, 75mm etc.?
or it doesn't matter?
Old 09-20-2007, 04:52 PM
GhostRider02GT
5th Gear Member

do the IAC mod, that'll fix it
Old 09-20-2007, 04:57 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shelbyville

I just bought a 75 MM Accufab TB and plenum combo. If I wanted to replace just the TB with something else, would any other brand such as BBK fit. What combination can I use with the Accufab Plenum? I have just about had it with this idle hang problem. It comes and goes and I don't think Accufab has a solution to the problem. I am about ready to just remove the Accufab TB and sell it and buy another brand TB. Anyone with a Accufab plenum and another brand TB have the idle hang issue? Is it the size of the TB or just Accufabs design?
your having more problems with this than n e body i have ever seen. did you install it right? i had ZERO issues with hanging rpms or jumping idle. no offense but i think its user error not accufab
Old 09-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Shelbyville
2nd Gear Member

I am sure I did install it right. There is not much to mess up. If you google Accufab and hanging idle, you will get back 100's of hits. Its a common problem not just with Mustangs. I have only had it on for about 5-6 days now so maybe I need to give it more time. Accufab says the computer is holding open the TB. I agree that its not mechanical but its the story of my life. If a problem will show up, it will be on my car. I have decided not to use another TB. If I do anything, I will send the entire combo back and put the stock back on.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Shelbyville
2nd Gear Member

Don't believe I have an IAC.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:20 PM
GhostRider02GT
5th Gear Member

you should, look in the how to section for the IAC mod, you fix the hang up, its cheap and keep the accufab
Old 09-20-2007, 05:27 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GhostRider02GT

you should, look in the how to section for the IAC mod, you fix the hang up, its cheap and keep the accufab
hes not talking about that.. hes talking about the tb its self holding the throttle.

and yes you do have an iac...every car does im pretty sure haha... and if your curious what the mad is. its just a restricter plug or new gasket that has a smaller hole. so it lets less air get in and drops your rpm's between shifts. makes the car more fun to drive.

Quick Reply: What can I use with Accufab Plenum