4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Multiple little problems(mostly electrical)

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 11:44 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Default RE: Multiple little problems(mostly electrical)

-Dustin
Dustin are you from the wilkes-barre pa region?
Old 10-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Injected97GT
3rd Gear Member

thanks againfor the info. I knew pics would help

I'll check if the heater core is still there. If it is gone, oh well, I'll get over it. If it is there and fully functional, you damn well bet it's getting hooked back up! lol.

I will hook up the hose back up to the PCV. The garage it is at has an abundance of hoses and whatnot, I'm sure there will be the right kind there without me spending any cash

Also, may not be your area of expertise, or pics may have still not cleared this up, but are you able to tell from the pic if I was correct about it being a dry setup? I am a complete noob to nitrous and would like to know as much as I can find out. Especialy since I have read a million times that one type is better for the motor than the other... yet it is always oposite of what I last heard, when I hear it again lol.

THANKS AGAIN! Hey, anyone else can chime in
Old 10-04-2007, 11:53 PM
Injected97GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: uberstang1

-Dustin
Dustin are you from the wilkes-barre pa region?
No sir, Old Town, ME
Old 10-05-2007, 01:11 AM
SlvrOhTwoGeeTee
2nd Gear Member

Hey man I am from Maine too. Saco to be exact. It is a bit of a hike but if you got questions or would like some assistance with something let me know. Samseed is also from teh Portland area I believe and he is very helpful. It's always nice to meet another fellow Stand owner from Maine... one closer to getting a club together . I don't know what the resources are in the Old Town area but there are a few good dynos/tuners in Portland and Saco area. Just let me know if you need anything.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:28 AM
Injected97GT
3rd Gear Member

awesome. howabout start with some answers to these questions lol just bustin your *****. for real though, wouldnt mind checking out others, and getting some helpfull people in the area to talk to, although im only home about a week a month. but still, thanks for lettin me know man, all the stang owners in my area that i know of are just immature tools that think theyre better than everyone because they have a v8 and heavy foot.... not the personable kind of people that are willing to talk to others and help out... just stuck up jerks that thinks their shlt is the best shlt and it dont stink like the rest of ours lol
Old 10-05-2007, 01:46 AM
SlvrOhTwoGeeTee
2nd Gear Member

Yeah we got a lot of that around here too... just because older stangs are cheap and the kids can afford them they think they got the fastest car in town [:'(]. As far as your electrical issues go it sounds like you got it under control so far. Wont know what else it could be till you get all those fuses and connections checked. I do tend to agree with you though about the heater core... kinda sketch. I can't think of any reason to delete it unless its broke. I've used the heat before on cooler Spring/Fall nights at the beach so even though I don't drive in the winter I still like to have it. I vote for he took the easy way out, instead of repairing it. It looks like you got a pretty nice ride there though. Do you know what jets that thing has in it? With a built block it can handle more than the small shot you are being led to believe it has. I would deffinately get it on a dyno. Even if just to check the A/F because you never know how well it was maintained or put together. And judging by the things you have run into so far that were undisclosed you might want to check everything just for peace of mind.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:42 PM
GhostRider02GT
5th Gear Member

its hard to tell from the pics, but from what I can think I see, it looks wet. It looks like coming from the box is a jet the has an inlet for fuel and nitrous, I am unsure though. Also a dual bottle system? Its gotta be 530 with both of those bottles hooked up and pumpin.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Injected97GT
3rd Gear Member

thanks guys,
SlvrOh:
Yeah, The wiring I am starting to get under control. I popped the cluster out and found that the reason the gauge lights do not illuminate is because a lead on the cicuit "board" please is broke on the "ILL" circuit. Jumped it real quick and they worked. New cluster will fix the problem easily.
The temp gauges still don't work. I hooked up the aftermarket one to where I thought it was supposed to go, but it lights up and powers on(the Ignition power wire, illumination posative, and all grounds are correct), but the signal wire, I will always admit when I'm stumped even on stupid things... I haven't a clue where it is supposed to get the right signal from. If i replace the cluster and the stock temp gauge start working(which the guy told me it will not work because of the 99 PI intake manifold on it as opposed to the non-PI stock 97 mani), I would be happy. But as I just said, the guy says the stock one will never work with the manifold on it now. Other than that, I don't have the instructions that came with the Autometer Phantom gauge that he has on the pillar.
The tail lights DO illuminate, headlights work flawlessly, high and low. The right blinker works perfect if you move the lever slowly until it engages and leave it there, going quickly, it doesn't work. The left one is the same way, but blinks very fast. I will check for blown bulbs and any other opens in the circuit. The fan i have to a toggle for now, and honestly, once I get a working temp gauge I don't mind leaving it that way. I realy, truely don't mind. The rest of the car seemed to be built for the strip and a tiny bit of street use, and as little as I drive with my new job, I don't mind having more "racecar type bothers" like toggling the fan,the fact that he removed everything from the trunk all together to make it ugly as hell, but house the battery and bottles,and filling the hog with 93

GhostRider:
At this point, my goal was to get the whole thing road ready with no overheating issues... I got that, drove it all afternoon and a little bit tonight(with no dash illumination and the 4.10s throwing the speedo WAY off). The car is running great. I stopped once and it had trouble starting... actualy had to push it and pop the clutch(luckily I had 2 athletic friends with me tonight lol). But other than that, everything has been going smoothly.

I go on another trip for work either Monday or Tuesday. I am going to spend tomorrow with my family before my uncle goes back to Iraq, then see some friends. I am planning to just drive and enjoy the mustang this weekend, clean it out, clean it up, make it presentable and make sure everything is tip top. Next time I come home a new vert top, some 3.73's, and an 8 point cage will be in order.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:34 AM
GhostRider02GT
5th Gear Member

glad most everything is working itself out
Old 10-06-2007, 01:22 AM
Injected97GT
3rd Gear Member

yeah as am i, now tell me where the signal wire on the autometer temp gaugeis supposed to go and you win at life lol.

Quick Reply: Multiple little problems(mostly electrical)