4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

shorties or longtubes?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 11:59 PM
DuckyGt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: shorties or longtubes?

ORIGINAL: 97targa

Totally diff sound all together. LT's are just bad ***! PIA to install, but well worth it. Just remember you'll have to buy new midpipe to match the LT's as shorties utilize the same as stock
+1, no one seemed to mention this to you.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:59 PM
BigRed03GT
2nd Gear Member

ooooooooooooo i cant wait to get my LT's, im stuck between both bbk and mac, as both offer pretty good prices, but not sure which one has the better fitment?
Old 11-08-2007, 12:02 AM
BigRed03GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DuckyGt

ORIGINAL: 97targa

Totally diff sound all together. LT's are just bad ***! PIA to install, but well worth it. Just remember you'll have to buy new midpipe to match the LT's as shorties utilize the same as stock
+1, no one seemed to mention this to you.
yea im aware i have to replace my midpipe too. my goal is LT's wit o/r x and borla stingers or slp lm 1's
Old 11-08-2007, 01:08 AM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aereon

ORIGINAL: GThopeful

I put SLP longtubes on my 02 GT. I love them..I say lt's are the only way to go.
hey gthopeful, can ya get me a pic of how your undercarriage looks? my slp catted x is like an inch from the ground I wanna know how it compares to the slp lt's.
yea dude for sure. here ya go. the last one isnt very good, but you can kinda see.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:10 AM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

And actually..it doenst hang quite so low anymore. Somehow the shop that put my headers on was able to reposition everything so that it gave me an extra 3/4-1" clearance. Not much..but it helps.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:46 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

I put SLP longtubes on my 02 GT. I love them..I say lt's are the only way to go.
hey gthopeful, can ya get me a pic of how your undercarriage looks? my slp catted x is like an inch from the ground I wanna know how it compares to the slp lt's.
yea dude for sure. here ya go. the last one isnt very good, but you can kinda see.

thanks man, that settles it=P slp lt's are gonna be put on, only thing I dont like is how low the xpipe hangs, but if its gonna still be the lowest point I'll be able to slap the lt's on there with no clearance issued=P
Old 11-08-2007, 02:05 AM
GT2ENVY
2nd Gear Member

just get equal length shorties so when you buy that turbo, flip them and use them
Old 11-08-2007, 12:53 PM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

thanks man, that settles it=P slp lt's are gonna be put on, only thing I dont like is how low the xpipe hangs, but if its gonna still be the lowest point I'll be able to slap the lt's on there with no clearance issued=P
yea..the x pipe hangs kinda weird, but oh well. ill post up some pics when i switch out the cats for the race pipes though..that should free up a little room.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Fast Toys
Banned

If anyone needs Mac pricing, we can definitely set you up with some great pricing. Just email us a part # to sales@fasttoys.net . You can get the full list at www.macperformance.com

Thanks
Old 11-08-2007, 01:38 PM
bjh061487
3rd Gear Member

shorties are a waste of money. spend the extra money get the LTs

Quick Reply: shorties or longtubes?