4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Well...Never Did I Think This Would Happen To Me...

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 11:48 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Default RE: Well...Never Did I Think This Would Happen To Me...

lol...nickel and dime you... My '89 Grand Marquis was beginning to familiarize me with that phrase before it went termnial in the form of leaking brakes, gas lines, coolant, and a rusted through frame. PWNAGE

Seeing as you have no money though, trade me wheels, you'll still get the same out of it. ;-) *sarcasm, I have no money either*

I suppose our situations are a bit different though. I have JUST enough funds right now to be able to fix my car if it is a head issue. If it's bottom end or rod issues etc... the car's gonna be sitting for quite some time. No way I'm selling it though. I know it's a retarded financial thing, and putting emotional value into a car is one of the worse manuevers ever, but I don't care. It's my first Stang. It will forever be mine. ...well, until I die, then it can be whomevers, not like I'll give two ****s.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:03 AM
jEEd
I ♥ Acer

hey matt :[ we're in the same situation and well... i'd rather see you keep the car in storage and build it up later or soemthing... and it looks like im ordering an MMR built Shortblock w/ forged internals... and im planning on S/C-ing it later on.... seriously though TALK TO ME ON AIM! since you wont talk on the phone..
Old 11-14-2007, 12:30 AM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

I say this as a friend, Matt:

QUIT FREAKING OUT!!!!

**** like this happens so great things can happen later......
Old 11-14-2007, 12:37 AM
St4ng07
4th Gear Member

Man.. thats how life is. I just bought a 95' explorer as a DD, I bought it knowing it was going to need a rebuild on the trans. Other then that it ran awesome. I get it registered a week later, first night driving it, the fuel pump goes out. Im 17 also, not making the greatest money. And 3 weeks before that, 3rd gear blew up on my cobra ( still driving it). I thought I had some bad karma after me, but o well its life. Live it up, dont get upset.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:06 AM
mustanggtrider
1st Gear Member

Your luck to even have a car like that at the age of 17. Your crying about 240hp and your better with a beeter. Yeah i was pissed when i was your age when my motor was seized but damn people are offering to help you out with parts, and thats why you fail. I have a 96gt with less hp than 240. So suck it up or go down the stree and get a whaaa burger and some french cries...sorry but its not the end of the world.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:14 AM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustanggtrider

Your luck to even have a car like that at the age of 17. Your crying about 240hp and your better with a beeter. Yeah i was pissed when i was your age when my motor was seized but damn people are offering to help you out with parts, and thats why you fail. I have a 96gt with less hp than 240. So suck it up or go down the stree and get a whaaa burger and some french cries...sorry but its not the end of the world.
+1

I feel for ya but you do sound a bit emo. Dont give up dude, i guess we'll see how much that Mustang means to you, good luck.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:43 AM
6mustang6
5th Gear Member

s**t, Ill take that car off your hands for 2k no problem.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:17 AM
1fstblckgt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 6mustang6

s**t, Ill take that car off your hands for 2k no problem.
haha...

Dont give up bud, Ive had so much trouble out of my car its not even funny.. yeah you get down. Just think it through. If you've made up your mind... then you've made up your mind. Do what is best for you. Whatever will make you the happiest.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:17 AM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

I'm not trying to be an emo bitch, I'm just so freaking bummed...words can't even describe it.

More because of the burden I've put on my family now that I don't have a form of transportation...and yeah, I was attached to my car. I just gotta let it go now.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:42 AM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

damn man that sucks

and thats it im putting my car up tonight im not taking the chance i have 2 cyclinders missing right now

Quick Reply: Well...Never Did I Think This Would Happen To Me...