4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

PA Mustang owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 03:09 PM
bjh061487
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: PA Mustang owners

i don't drive in the snow... if it snows, at least the crews by my house, are pretty good and i just can't drive until the day after it snows so i just bunk down and watch a lot of movies and eat popcorn and drink beer haha
Old 11-28-2007, 03:52 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

+1... The real PA is the philly area. The rest of PA is hickville. I am like 15 mins from philly and 15 mins from chester county and rainydayracing is right, the difference in snowfall from philly and chester county is a lot. It really depends on what part of the state you are going to live in. Mountain areas can get a 12" plus snow storm almost garenteed every year while near philly might get an 8" storm and like 4" in the city.
I rather live in hickville than filthydelphia any day lol
Old 11-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Ellik
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: uberstang1

+1... The real PA is the philly area. The rest of PA is hickville.
I rather live in hickville than filthydelphia any day lol
I lived in Philly for 5 years, and this is my 5th year in (well, outside) Pittsburgh. I would MUCH rather be back in Philly.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:06 PM
JayBanion
3rd Gear Member

I cant stand cities at all. Its fine to go down to philly once in a while to south street or something or to gynos for cheese steaks. But other than that, i love it in the sticks, backwoods boy here
Old 11-28-2007, 04:42 PM
StangEatsRice
3rd Gear Member

Up here in Sellersville, i dd my car through the winter and just carpool on that occasional snow day. I usually will just drive slow with some weight in the back if its now bad, anything else its just not worth it. By the way Sellersville is about 45min north of philly, right outside quakertown/souderton if you know where that is.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:05 PM
incubus1275
2nd Gear Member

so PA is just Philly and harrisburg with Alabama in the middle...I think you meen Pittsburg not harrisburg. And its not that hick out here in the middle. Its "rural" more than anything and their are a few large towns here and their. Trust me, their are a ton less rednecks here my age in Lycoming county than Bucks county and Bucks is just north of Philly.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:12 PM
silverstang1996
5th Gear Member

if you have another vehicle and it's snowing i'd say drive the other one, mustangs suck *** in any snow whether it's in PA or anywhere else
Old 11-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

I didn't mean hick as a bad thing per say lol and I totally agree with you about living in Philly. I love going up to the Poconos in the winter just wouldn't wanna live that far from home though and I love Chester County PA a lot more then Delaware County's crowed and conjested streets. Also PA has a one up on Delaware cause you get your streets plowed... my neighborhood never gets plowed so I have to pretty much wait for the snow and ice to melt before I can get off my street. I'm moving back up outside West Chester where I also used to live again when I am done school.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:51 PM
SnakeCarDriver
1st Gear Member

I'm getting nervous because I just took a job in Coatesville; mostly inthe vicinity of which you live/speak but nonetheless, 'the sticks'. Wow, I have super preformance tires on nowand will do the swap to all-weather tires first thing. But, I am not liking the sound of getting snowed in during a good storm! Yikes, those paychecks won't be coming fast enough!! Tell me there's SOME hope to get me through a winter w/o a snow car!!

Ian in San Diego, soon to be in, (gulp) Coatesville??!!??
Old 11-29-2007, 01:53 AM
JayBanion
3rd Gear Member

I live very close to coatsville. Just find a buddy to take you to work when it snows for this year. I tryed driving my car in the snow to get to work, end well i ended up in a ditch...twice. with a broken mirror(damn tree) and a nice scratch from a street sign. When you get out here, let me know. Its always nice to meet some stang guys in the area.

Quick Reply: PA Mustang owners