4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

PA Mustang owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:47 PM
SnakeCarDriver
1st Gear Member

Default PA Mustang owners

How's the RWD handling during the winter weather? I'm relocating from sunny San Diego and am wondering if I will be considering giving my baby up?? It's bad enough in the rain..speaking of which, how are the rainy days?

Ian
Old 11-27-2007, 09:57 PM
JayBanion
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: PA Mustang owners

It doesnt snow that much in Pa, where in Pa are you relocating. I am outside of philly and we dont get a hell of a lot of snow just a couple good storms per winter. My car sucks in the snow, when it was stock rolling at 40mph in 5th gear i could roll on the throttle a little and break the tires loose. That was with brand new tires on it. I would suggest getting a 4x4 beater for the winter. I have a 94 jeep wrangler for sale Other than winter not bad, we get the heavy rains storm here and there, but I like the weather overall.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:20 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

hey jay i know ur up at school in wilkes-barre, be prepared cause the WB gets hammered with snow.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:11 AM
JayBanion
3rd Gear Member

Yea i know WB gets hammered, and it sucks because I screwed up my stang motor I am forced to sell my modded jeep wrangler for money for parts [:@], so I snowed in if we get hit.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:38 AM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

Yeah I am from Delaware County, PA but I live 12 miles south of philly... 2 miles from PA in Delaware now. I remember it snowing a lot more when I was little.

We usually get a couple good storms per year in the south east corner of PA/ Delaware. My car doesn't move in snow at all so be prepared especially if you plan on living in the mountains. I live in a hilly neighborhood and my car is stuck for a good couple of days after a good storm which usually turns from snow to ice in a couple days cause it will melt and refreeze. What part are you moving too?
Old 11-28-2007, 10:16 AM
incubus1275
2nd Gear Member

count on atleast twice a month in december, january and february. I'm from near philly but go to school in williamsport and I'm used to the snow. Either don't drive in the snow or get a beater for the winter is the best bet. I just sold my stang for a subaru so I'm not worried anymore, but ****ing around in a few inches was fun as hell in the stang...sure gonna miss it.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:26 AM
OzzDOA
3rd Gear Member

I don't even bother with the stang in the snow, just not worth it. The Philly area gets 3-5 good snow falls a year, ranging from 3 inches to as much as 16. Once you start getting into the northern and central parts of the state the snow fall is much more signifigant. I remember when I was in college at Penn State (smack in the center of the state) we got at least 2 feet of snow over night on a few occasions.

I really don't mind winters here they are more wet than anything else, however the summers suck. Its hot and humid, a typical summer day in the Philly area is 90+ degrees and 90+ % humidity. Feels like you are walking through a bowl of split-pea soup when you go outside.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:43 AM
rainydayracing
4th Gear Member

I'm in Chester County. You have to remember that Pa is Philly and Harrisburg with Alabama in the middle....lol. It really depends on where you are. Deep Chester County can get 8" of snow and Philly will only get a dusting. I work in the city, and am within walking distance of the train, so I don't have to worry about it. The past couple of years we've had very minimal snowfall. I work in higher ed, and haven't had a snow day in 2 yrs....though a couple of years back we didn't have a full week until after spring break. That was a good year!
Old 11-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rainydayracing

I'm in Chester County. You have to remember that Pa is Philly and Harrisburg with Alabama in the middle....lol. It really depends on where you are. Deep Chester County can get 8" of snow and Philly will only get a dusting. I work in the city, and am within walking distance of the train, so I don't have to worry about it. The past couple of years we've had very minimal snowfall. I work in higher ed, and haven't had a snow day in 2 yrs....though a couple of years back we didn't have a full week until after spring break. That was a good year!
+1... The real PA is the philly area. The rest of PA is hickville. I am like 15 mins from philly and 15 mins from chester county and rainydayracing is right, the difference in snowfall from philly and chester county is a lot. It really depends on what part of the state you are going to live in. Mountain areas can get a 12" plus snow storm almost garenteed every year while near philly might get an 8" storm and like 4" in the city.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:29 PM
Ellik
2nd Gear Member

I wouldnt hesitate DD'ing my Cobra year-round in Philly. Its hardly a winter there. Maybe 2 or 3 'bad' days per winter.

As it is I drive ityear-round in Pittsburgh. Snow really isnt a problem... more freezing rain issues than anything else. I leave my car sitting maybe 5 or 6 days a winter.

Quick Reply: PA Mustang owners