4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Should i do this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 01:03 PM
EaZy DuZ iT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Should i do this?

now my iac restrictor is off

damnn sounds amazing
Old 12-03-2007, 03:51 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Should i do this?

ORIGINAL: EaZy DuZ iT

Also i hear that a car with no res no cats as in striaght pipes pretty much all the way will gain more rwhp rwtq then a car with a full exhaust system. NOT SAID BY ME..but its what i heard, but then i hear others saying thats not true and having no mufflers makes you lose backpress, and loss of hp. FEED ME information please
If you just take off your stock H pipe with cats and bolt up some straight pipes with no crossover and no mufflers it will sound like garbage and you will lose power by getting backpressure from not having a crossover (thats with a full catback pipeing minus mufflers)

If you lose backpressure from doing an exhaust setup then you have accomplished your goal of putting together a good performing exhaust system. You goal is to have as little backpressure as possible. Losing backpressure will not make you lose hp, that has to be the dumbest thing I have heard yet on this subject. Your torque will get moved up in the powerband which is why dumb asses will argue that you lose torque from losing backpressure. You have to build a car so that it all works togather. Get rid of backpressure which raises your torque in the rpms then you throw in some gears or get a longer runner intake manifold.