4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

eibach pro kit.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Default RE: eibach pro kit.

ORIGINAL: POISND U

ORIGINAL: jEEd

ORIGINAL: Aereon

you'll be fine w/o CC plates and if you do it right you wont need an alignment.

shocks & struts are recommended but not necessarily needed since the springs work fine w/ the stock ones but dont complain about the ride quality of it being changed!! to me i love feeling the road :]
The springs do not work fine with the stock ones. There is really no real way to install a spring correctly so that you wont need to get your car realigned. You'll either need the c/c plates or you wont, you'll find out when your at your alignment shop.Withfactoryvariances you may or may not need it whenlowering it with the pro kit.With a shorter spring your shocks/struts will not be able to go through its normal range of motions. In the end if you wanna skimp on things like these, you'll be spending more time and more money later on fixing things you could have had setup correctly the first time. Good luck.
yeah i understand but then i guess im lucky? i did take my car to get realigned and it wasn't off at all...
Same here, and I took the isos out too. They hooked it up and said it was dead nuts perfect....
Lucky you, your one of the few. With my six I had H&R SS's with tokico 5 ways and it was fine without an alignment. With my GT I have the coilovers lower my car to 2 1/4" lower than stock and my alignment was waaaay off. Had horrible toe, camber was a .01 off and caster was a couple degrees off as well. Had I run this setup without an alignment I would have worn the inside edge of my tires out plus the car would have handled like crap.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:26 PM
steedondubs
2nd Gear Member

I USED NEW cc PLATES
Old 12-10-2007, 12:24 AM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: POISND U

you'll be fine w/o CC plates and if you do it right you wont need an alignment.

shocks & struts are recommended but not necessarily needed since the springs work fine w/ the stock ones but dont complain about the ride quality of it being changed!! to me i love feeling the road :]
The springs do not work fine with the stock ones. There is really no real way to install a spring correctly so that you wont need to get your car realigned. You'll either need the c/c plates or you wont, you'll find out when your at your alignment shop. With factory variances you may or may not need it when lowering it with the pro kit. With a shorter spring your shocks/struts will not be able to go through its normal range of motions. In the end if you wanna skimp on things like these, you'll be spending more time and more money later on fixing things you could have had setup correctly the first time. Good luck.
yeah i understand but then i guess im lucky? i did take my car to get realigned and it wasn't off at all...
Same here, and I took the isos out too. They hooked it up and said it was dead nuts perfect....
Lucky you, your one of the few. With my six I had H&R SS's with tokico 5 ways and it was fine without an alignment. With my GT I have the coilovers lower my car to 2 1/4" lower than stock and my alignment was waaaay off. Had horrible toe, camber was a .01 off and caster was a couple degrees off as well. Had I run this setup without an alignment I would have worn the inside edge of my tires out plus the car would have handled like crap.
I wouldn't doubt that switching to coil overs, and 2 1/4 drop (which is pretty substantial compared to a pro kit) would require some alignment work and some c/c plates.
I definitely recommend having your alignment checked anytime suspension work is done, but I've never heard of someone needing c/c plates for a pro kit.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:20 AM
00blackstang
3rd Gear Member

ok, well at this time i do not have the money for the struts and cc plates.. When the time comes and i need them , i will get them. Ive had the springs sittin around for alittle while now, and i just wanna throw them in to get it done, then in a couple of months i will install struts and cc plates.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

well just know your gonna wanna get it aligned after the springs are installed, and after you get the struts installed. So you're gonna be paying twice in a span of a few months.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:08 PM
MaKaVeLi
2nd Gear Member

guys.......... depending on yours experience in suspensions

i want to get the shock /strut kithen i will do the springs

so which strut/shock kit is the best from this website

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...egory=MMUSTANG
Old 12-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

I would recommend stangsuspension more than 50resto, 50 resto is way overpriced. If your looking for an all around street strip shock/strut get the tokico 5 way adjustables. If your looking for some nice track shocks/struts (if your open tracking) the bilstein hd's are nice. I do not know much about different drag shocks/struts but I'd go out on the limb and say the bilsteins would hold their own on the strip.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:22 PM
MaKaVeLi
2nd Gear Member

i didnt find manywebsites that sell a whole shock/strut kit.......any way do i need the Quad Shocks ? or just set with the front and rear shock/strut?
Old 12-10-2007, 02:55 PM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

What about the Ford lowering springs? I saw them in Summit for 130.00 or so. 1.5" drop in thefront and .75" drop in the rear. Would those springs require any strut/shock replacement?
Old 12-10-2007, 03:00 PM
00blackstang
3rd Gear Member

aereon, i work for a shop so i dont pay for alignments, so im not worried about it, and besides i dont have the money right now cause of the holidays, once there over ill be able to afford to pay to get it aligned twice if that was the case anyway.

Quick Reply: eibach pro kit.