4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

SVO

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 10:34 PM
TayGt
1st Gear Member

Default SVO

Has anyone hear anything about the svo heads on seanhylandmotorsports? LIke are they any good? Does anyone have then on their car?
Old 12-21-2007, 11:15 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Default RE: SVO

They are the best flowing production 2v heads. But they have the NON-PI intake ports so you have to either use non pi intake or svo
Old 12-21-2007, 11:16 PM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

How is the svo intake?
Old 12-21-2007, 11:22 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

like... omg becky... look at those heads....
Old 12-21-2007, 11:25 PM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

O RLY that good?
Old 12-21-2007, 11:46 PM
sweet99
4th Gear Member

PI heads flow about 158cfm on the intake side and SVO heads flow 206cfm and are without a doubt the highest flowing heads right out of the box. Though they are NPI you can get adapters from livernois for puting PI intake on them or port match the PI intake. Not sure how well the plastic intakes can be ground if at all though.
I have the SVO intake on my PI heads and there is a pic here somewhere that I may be able to locate. It is like the bullit but larger. I had to do a bit of small fabricating to get it onto the motor but it looks great. It even has bosses for the COP's so all I had to do was drill and tap them for the coils! Since I needed a new fuel rail setup I had to use a Bullitt system and that set me back $233. Simple bracket for the alternator was needed for a top bolt. Since the intake is metal I did the coolant mod while I had it getting readied and used 3/8npt threading to 3/8" ****** ends and the cooland crossover has an extra fitting that PI's do not need so I used one of those to get the coolant from the last 2 cylinders to the waterpump and radiator. Nice mod. With a mild set of cams this will make up to 20whp or a tad more which is again more than any other manifold that would be considered a street manifold! However both the heads and intake have been discontinued according to my information. They have been on backorder for months but still show that they will be made but don't hold your breath. The intake sells for $1550. without the install kit which includes the dual 57mm TB, throttle cable, EGR tube, gaskets, inlet tube, etc. but an extra $400. or so will get you those. Anymore questions?
Old 12-21-2007, 11:52 PM
sweet99
4th Gear Member

Sorry, pic did not come through but I will try again! Mark
Old 12-22-2007, 03:18 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sweet99

PI heads flow about 158cfm on the intake side and SVO heads flow 206cfm and are without a doubt the highest flowing heads right out of the box. Though they are NPI you can get adapters from livernois for puting PI intake on them or port match the PI intake. Not sure how well the plastic intakes can be ground if at all though.
I have the SVO intake on my PI heads and there is a pic here somewhere that I may be able to locate. It is like the bullit but larger. I had to do a bit of small fabricating to get it onto the motor but it looks great. It even has bosses for the COP's so all I had to do was drill and tap them for the coils! Since I needed a new fuel rail setup I had to use a Bullitt system and that set me back $233. Simple bracket for the alternator was needed for a top bolt. Since the intake is metal I did the coolant mod while I had it getting readied and used 3/8npt threading to 3/8" ****** ends and the cooland crossover has an extra fitting that PI's do not need so I used one of those to get the coolant from the last 2 cylinders to the waterpump and radiator. Nice mod. With a mild set of cams this will make up to 20whp or a tad more which is again more than any other manifold that would be considered a street manifold! However both the heads and intake have been discontinued according to my information. They have been on backorder for months but still show that they will be made but don't hold your breath. The intake sells for $1550. without the install kit which includes the dual 57mm TB, throttle cable, EGR tube, gaskets, inlet tube, etc. but an extra $400. or so will get you those. Anymore questions?
1950 just to get an intake and all the parts to install it? Yikes!
Old 12-22-2007, 07:19 AM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: sweet99

1950 just to get an intake and all the parts to install it? Yikes!
+1 i think I would bet better off with Patriot Stage 2 so I can use my stock pi intake.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:49 AM
sweet99
4th Gear Member

Since they are on what appears to be permanent back order finding a used set would be the way to go as I did. PI intake begins to fall off at 5200rpm and the SVO pulls to 6100rpm from what I have read.

Quick Reply: SVO