4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

is it the fuel pump?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 09:59 AM
fausty
4th Gear Member

Default is it the fuel pump?

i had ordered the svt fuel pump already but ups ground is taking forever..well i wanted to ask you guys just for closure that it definately is the fuel pump thats making my car run crappy...i havnt drove it ina couple days but i had no option yest and had to take it..after starting her up she was running relative normal but i jumped on the highway and after like 40 min of driving she starts to act up and the start running bad again.. i stop at a gas station n tunr her off n a few minutes later turn her back on and it starts runing much better..could this mean that after the fuel pump gets warmed up its stops flowing correctly?hopefully this is the end to this already..
Old 01-10-2008, 10:10 AM
MaKaVeLi
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: is it the fuel pump?

my car was run crappy before i changed the fuel pump specially after bushing the pedal hard, i changed it yastr day and evey thing goes ok, but i checked with my tuner and found that i have code about the fuel pump, but i clear it

hope this could be helful
Old 01-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Brute03
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fausty

i had ordered the svt fuel pump already but ups ground is taking forever..well i wanted to ask you guys just for closure that it definately is the fuel pump thats making my car run crappy...i havnt drove it ina couple days but i had no option yest and had to take it..after starting her up she was running relative normal but i jumped on the highway and after like 40 min of driving she starts to act up and the start running bad again.. i stop at a gas station n tunr her off n a few minutes later turn her back on and it starts runing much better..could this mean that after the fuel pump gets warmed up its stops flowing correctly?hopefully this is the end to this already..
are yopu getting any codes at all? does it feel like it's dropping a cylinder when you put your foot down?
Old 01-10-2008, 11:04 AM
fausty
4th Gear Member

no codes dude..i think the pump hasnt gone yet but is on its way to dying thats why i dont have any codes yet..car smells like its runing rich..
Old 01-10-2008, 11:30 AM
nick_thames
3rd Gear Member

I think im having your same problem. does the car stumble at all and past 3500 rpms it feels like its straining? My car will get so bad that i have to pull over cut off, then back on but it still does it. It has to sit for like 6-8 hours and then its fine again but still no real power past 4000 rpms.... mines an auto 03 gt btw
Old 01-10-2008, 01:37 PM
fausty
4th Gear Member

thats exactly wats happeing to me..i pull over turn it off cuz im scared its gonie die out on the street ...lets see if the fuel pump fixes it.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Brute03
5th Gear Member

have you changed the fuel filter yet?
Old 01-10-2008, 02:29 PM
OzzDOA
3rd Gear Member

Suresounds like the pump to me.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:33 PM
nick_thames
3rd Gear Member

Ive got another post with the same problem on here. Guess i will go get me another fuel pump. PPL tell me that if you let the filter go for a long time without changing it that it actually hurts the pump. it has to overwork itself to pump fuel through it. just changed the filter so now onto the pump. looks like another 200 bucks down the drain!
Old 01-10-2008, 04:24 PM
fausty
4th Gear Member

just buy the pump i got its 100 bucks

Quick Reply: is it the fuel pump?