4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Edelbrock Victor Jr. For EFI 4.6L?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Miceleb
2nd Gear Member

Default Edelbrock Victor Jr. For EFI 4.6L?

I asked this a while back and got no feed back what-so-ever. So I thought I would try it again. Has anyone used the edelbrock victor jr for the4.6 2V?? I know that they make it so you can bolt a carb on but thats not what im looking for. They have fuel rails and stock injector locations so you can use EFI. I want to buy this but i was wondering if anyone tried it first.

Here is the link it is the third one down.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...efi_ford.shtml
Old 01-11-2008, 11:48 AM
OzzDOA
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Edelbrock Victor Jr. For EFI 4.6L?

Unless you are doing heads/cams and full exhaust and/or FI most intake manifolds are a waste of money.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:52 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

+1 You probably won't see any decent gains w/o ported heads, cams, and or F/I. Another problem is that this manifold is designed for a higher rpm range than your stock engine is capable of. So unless you have forged internals, ported heads, cams you won't even be able to rev high enough for the manifold to realize its full potential. A manifold is just one piece of the puzzle, unless you have all the other pieces to match, its just not gonna work.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Miceleb
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tbirdscwd

+1 You probably won't see any decent gains w/o ported heads, cams, and or F/I. Another problem is that this manifold is designed for a higher rpm range than your stock engine is capable of. So unless you have forged internals, ported heads, cams you won't even be able to rev high enough for the manifold to realize its full potential. A manifold is just one piece of the puzzle, unless you have all the other pieces to match, its just not gonna work.

I was asking if anyone used this intake or not and if they did with EFI. I didnt ask if it was going to work or not. I know what RPM range it makes power in and the specifics. I dont need everyone telling me its not going to work or I wont get the full potential. I just wanted to know if anyone used it and did it work well. You dont even know what I am running for a setup....it ceases to amaze me that everyone has input about something they never used before.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:24 PM
livefast1
5th Gear Member

id also like to know the shift in power range as this is a single plane manifold.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:29 PM
jmac72187
corner carver

ORIGINAL: Miceleb

I was asking if anyone used this intake or not and if they did with EFI. I didnt ask if it was going to work or not. I know what RPM range it makes power in and the specifics. I dont need everyone telling me its not going to work or I wont get the full potential. I just wanted to know if anyone used it and did it work well. You dont even know what I am running for a setup....it ceases to amaze me that everyone has input about something they never used before.
Considering that you ran a 9.9, I would bet that you do not have enough work done to take advantage of the intake.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Miceleb
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jmac72187

Considering that you ran a 9.9, I would bet that you do not have enough work done to take advantage of the intake.

Thats stock numbers.....the motor is out and getting built (fully forged)right now and awaiting a supercharger install........I just want to know if anyone used it before or not. I'm so sick of people telling me it wont work i just want to know if anyone has used the damn thing!
Old 01-14-2008, 12:26 AM
fruhdaddy
3rd Gear Member

why dont you just buy it and find out if you dont like what people are saying about it. If your fully forging your engine right now you can dish out the $400. Why dont you buy it and tell us if its worth it or not. My buddy has it and he will tell you what everybody else has tried to.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:09 AM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

F/I meaning forced induction. If you ask the question, be prepared to hear the answers noob. If you know all there is to know about this intake why are you asking us? If you know all the "specifics" then what gives? Are you worried if edelbrock makes a quality product then your answer is yes. Don't jump down poeples throats cause they're trying to save you a few hundred dollars.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:57 PM
ninelives19821
2nd Gear Member

It would be kinda nice to know if anyone has this manifold to hear thier input. I would like to replace the plastic one myself here soon and i know edelbrock does make great products. The price on the 4.6 manifold is pretty good imo.

Quick Reply: Edelbrock Victor Jr. For EFI 4.6L?