4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

PP Tb/Plenum

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Smiths01GT
1st Gear Member

Default PP Tb/Plenum

Ok I know this topic is posted about 5 times a day..BUT I went to the stangnet forums and people there are saying that the hole for the cable is not big enough and you need to drill a bigger one. Is this true?? I just got the part and am installing it Saturday. I'd hoped to get some info before the install!
Old 01-15-2008, 09:55 AM
tim2002gt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: PP Tb/Plenum

The hole was very tight on mine. I drilled it out a tiny bit larger. I think I used a 1/4" bit. You could always undo your throttle cable from your stock tb and try to install it on your new one before you actually install the new throttle body.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Smiths01GT
1st Gear Member

Ok cool. That helps a bit. It surprises me because I specifically called PP and they said everything will fit correctly to stock. Oh well. Thanks for the help tim
Old 01-15-2008, 10:14 AM
OzzDOA
3rd Gear Member

Mine was a bit tight as well, I sprayed it with some WD-40 and used some channel-lock pliers to get it in there
Old 01-15-2008, 11:53 AM
MineralGrey
3rd Gear Member

just use some pliers there is no need to cut anything, as soon as you get it in there it will be fine. Also, you might not have to but in the spring that connects to the trottle there is a plastic tube I had to remove mine because it was causing my gas pedal to stick just FYI should take no more than an hour to install.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:06 PM
fruhdaddy
3rd Gear Member

+1
Old 01-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Smiths01GT
1st Gear Member

sweet thanks mineralgray!
Old 01-15-2008, 04:23 PM
ThisIsMyStang
2nd Gear Member

Mine was really tight! Had to use drill bit channelocks and lube! But is all good now! Another heads up when you are installing, on the the Throttle positioning sensor the phillips screws can be tough to get out and they strip easy so be patient and careful cause its plastic and can break.1 of the2 screws came right out and the last one took some cussing but it came out. Good Luck!
Old 01-15-2008, 04:35 PM
DrDeaths01GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThisIsMyStang

Mine was really tight! Had to use drill bit channelocks and lube! But is all good now! Another heads up when you are installing, on the the Throttle positioning sensor the phillips screws can be tough to get out and they strip easy so be patient and careful cause its plastic and can break.1 of the2 screws came right out and the last one took some cussing but it came out. Good Luck!
Damn she must have had a tight hole, thats what you get with those high dollar hookers I guess!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 05:41 PM
ThisIsMyStang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DrDeaths01GT

ORIGINAL: ThisIsMyStang

Damn she must have had a tight hole, thats what you get with those high dollar hookers I guess!!!
By the looks of your avatar that comment didn't come as a surprise! If you're gonna try and be funny don't forget the funny part!

Quick Reply: PP Tb/Plenum