4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

BEST CLUTCH FOR THE MONEY

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 07:43 AM
SVOpower

Default BEST CLUTCH FOR THE MONEY

Im getting a new clutch and light flywheel this week and want to know what the best for the money would be. what kind of set up does everyone have and what feels the best.

Thanks
Old 01-21-2008, 09:38 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Default RE: BEST CLUTCH FOR THE MONEY

Centeforce dual friction, nice grabbing power
Old 01-21-2008, 09:51 AM
SVOpower

I heard centerforce feels bad...
Old 01-21-2008, 11:16 AM
ASUSMC
4th Gear Member

What car do you have?
Old 01-21-2008, 12:19 PM
sonicthegt

CENTERFORCE DOESN'T FEEL BAD I JUST PUT ONE IN MY 04 GT AND LOVE IT SAME OR MAYBE A BIT LIGHTER THAN STOCK AND GRABS LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL, YOU'LL LIKE IT... AS FAR AS THE LIGHT FLYWHEEL THAT MIGHTNOT BE A GREAT IDEA, ITS BETTER TO HAVE A LIL HEAVIER FLYWHEEL TO KEEP THE INERTIA UP TO HELP LAUNCH THE CAR BETTER, OUR CARS ARE TOO HEAVY TO LIGHTEN UP THE FLYWHEEL UNLESS YOU HAVE EVERYTHING ELSE HARDCORE... MY ADVISE IS SAVE THE MONEY AND RESURFACE YOUR FLYWHEEL AND BUY A MGW SHIFTER OR SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T HAVE
Old 01-21-2008, 01:02 PM
trickdriller
4th Gear Member

I put the Stage 3 Spec in my 97 and it works great! Two complaints though: It shakes when you don't transition from stop to first with high enough RPMs and the TOB sucks something aweful. It will squeak really bad if you don't get a better TOB than the one that comes with the kit. But as far as the clutch itself, it will grab so hard it'll tear your tranny out of your car! I was never able to chirp gears with my old one, but I chirp in second and third now because this thing just grabs sooo hard.

Good clutch for the money, just enusre you get a quality Throw Out Bearing and you'll be good. And for daily drivability, the Stage 3 might be a bit much I love it, but that's because it makes my car feel like a muscle car. Oh, and the force it takes to push that pedal down is nuts! The Stage 2 might work just fine, but I love mine
Old 01-21-2008, 04:38 PM
jmac72187
corner carver

ORIGINAL: sonicthegt

CENTERFORCE DOESN'T FEEL BAD I JUST PUT ONE IN MY 04 GT AND LOVE IT SAME OR MAYBE A BIT LIGHTER THAN STOCK AND GRABS LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL, YOU'LL LIKE IT... AS FAR AS THE LIGHT FLYWHEEL THAT MIGHTNOT BE A GREAT IDEA, ITS BETTER TO HAVE A LIL HEAVIER FLYWHEEL TO KEEP THE INERTIA UP TO HELP LAUNCH THE CAR BETTER, OUR CARS ARE TOO HEAVY TO LIGHTEN UP THE FLYWHEEL UNLESS YOU HAVE EVERYTHING ELSE HARDCORE... MY ADVISE IS SAVE THE MONEY AND RESURFACE YOUR FLYWHEEL AND BUY A MGW SHIFTER OR SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T HAVE
calm down... don't have to yell

I had a King Cobra in my 00 GT I liked it. It grabbed like hell compared to stock. What tranny do you have though?
Old 01-21-2008, 07:34 PM
arcticman37
3rd Gear Member

best bang for your buck would have to be the king cobra in my opinion, I'm not saying that it is the best made clutch, just the best one made in its price range. ---(IMO)----
Old 01-21-2008, 07:56 PM
JT76

i have felt the king cobra clutch before.......[:@].... i would say SPEC or centerforce
Old 01-21-2008, 07:59 PM
JayC
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: arcticman37

best bang for your buck would have to be the king cobra in my opinion, I'm not saying that it is the best made clutch, just the best one made in its price range. ---(IMO)----

Without a doubt the KC is the best for a 10.5" clutch. If you need a 11" I'd recommend the OEM 03 Cobra clutch[8D]

Quick Reply: BEST CLUTCH FOR THE MONEY