4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Making a GT look like a six banger...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 02:59 AM
Ohoneandahalf
1st Gear Member

Default Making a GT look like a six banger...

What do you guys think about a GT looking like a six banger with GT badging or no badging at all? I want to put a six banger rear bumper on. I think it would be a surprise for the unexpecting. BTW the exhaust is not gonna exit the rear.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:29 AM
Klaven911

Default RE: Making a GT look like a six banger...

I personally adore the looks of the GT with the hood scoop and the tail fin, and the different side scoops. I understand the concept of it.....making people think it is a sleeper. i guess it is all personal preference though. People pay good money to make thier sixers look like GT's if they didnt get a stang with the pony package, and your thinking of going the other way with it. Id spend my money elsewhere but it is your money (not mine) and your car....so do whatever you think will make you the happiest. Either way...good luck with it all! =)
Old 03-26-2005, 03:36 AM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: Ohoneandahalf

What do you guys think about a GT looking like a six banger with GT badging or no badging at all? I want to put a six banger rear bumper on. I think it would be a surprise for the unexpecting. BTW the exhaust is not gonna exit the rear.
Do you have a 99+ GT? Can i have your GT emblems if you do it? I hate my emblems on my car, I want 99+, let me know.
It would be fun to have a sleeper. But you better make sure you have a good amount of power to make sure you can beat the person you're trying to confuse. Because if they think you have a V6, and they beat you anyway, lol, that would suck. Good luck.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:17 AM

will the V6 bumper fit on a GT? the GT has dual tipped exhaust with cutouts on the GT bumper.

Old 03-26-2005, 05:12 AM
Monch
3rd Gear Member

kill thyself blassfeemur
Old 03-26-2005, 07:45 AM
BCisme
5th Gear Member

yes tell us the year. i think it would be funny, as most people are to dumb to listen to your car, they'll see 6 badges and think it's a six. as a matter of fact, my friend nicknamed my car "the six shooter". even after seeing my car or pictures of it, people on other boards actually think my car is a six cylinder, even though i never actually said it was a V6. the six shooter is just a nickname.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:18 PM
wicked04

i think it sounds like fun. i havent seen anything like that before. i bet you could do it cheap if you fin a guy with a sixer and just swap parts. have fun.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:24 PM
IceHawk2000GT
1st Gear Member

Personally i would remove the badges... I see guys who have put on the side exhaust and 6 banger bumber but leave the GT badges. It just doesnt pull off the sleeper look with the GT badges IMHO
Old 03-26-2005, 05:32 PM
Mach1
4th Gear Member

Removing the badges is one thing, but the rest is a waste of money. The Gt looks tight.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:36 PM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: Mach1

Removing the badges is one thing, but the rest is a waste of money. The Gt looks tight.
Exactly, I would rather scare people off with a fast phat looking car, than get made fun of for "being" a 6cyl. It would be fun, but I would rather have a mean looking car.

Quick Reply: Making a GT look like a six banger...