4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Nitrous....help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 09:29 PM
dennis_112
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Nitrous....help please

I am sorry I even tried now. I was just trying to help. My advise is exactly that. If someone doesn't like it. Then please say you disagree and gives reason. We are all here for the same reason. This is suppose to feel like everyone is welcome. I honestly give up. I can help people on this forum, and if the same two people are going to follow me everytime I post. Trying to find little things wrong with every word I type then trust me I have better things to do. Its worth it to me if I am helping, but I didnt know I was going to be judge but the smartest people in the mustang country every single time I put a post up.

Do a search longtubes can be done in 2 hours. Many people have done it. Its not a record.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:47 PM
JayC
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dennis_112

I am sorry I even tried now. I was just trying to help. My advise is exactly that. If someone doesn't like it. Then please say you disagree and gives reason. We are all here for the same reason. This is suppose to feel like everyone is welcome. I honestly give up. I can help people on this forum, and if the same two people are going to follow me everytime I post. Trying to find little things wrong with every word I type then trust me I have better things to do. Its worth it to me if I am helping, but I didnt know I was going to be judge but the smartest people in the mustang country every single time I put a post up.

Do a search longtubes can be done in 2 hours. Many people have done it. Its not a record.
Please post the name and phone mumber of your shop as I have requested before. If you do 2 hour longtube installs then you should have a waiting list. Put up or shut up
Old 01-28-2008, 09:49 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

soooooooo...................... i enjoy nitrous.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:42 PM
99black5spd
1st Gear Member

i hope i will be able to enjoy it myself....im sure i will oh and by the way how is the install on a dry kit...is it like extremely hard...ive never had any experience with this so yea...
Old 01-28-2008, 10:47 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

dry is as simple as you can get. wire a couple switches, and run one line from the bottle and one from the solinoid. hardest part will be the window switch if you are gonna install one.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:55 PM
99black5spd
1st Gear Member

should i get the window switch...i heard that its a really good idea to get on...isnt that what keeps it from spraying below 3000 rpms...and how much do they run and where can i get one?
Old 01-28-2008, 11:06 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

What are these magnificant applications known as nitrous and longtube headers ? do they make my stang go faster with my Brand GT-R badge and Vtec Stickers ??[sm=happybounce.gif]
Old 01-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

All in all I think it matters on what kit your prefer really, Ive been doing some research on Nitrous and im liking the Wet kit just because of the delivery of the spray. I know little to nothing about nitrous but Ido know just make sure you dont get cheap and skip all the safety mod for it. Also IMPOLong tube headers installed in 2 hours is great for a team of folks 5-6 fellows but 1-2 person is gotta be a 5 to 9 hour job depends on the equipment and exp.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:29 AM
Injected97GT
3rd Gear Member

***disclaimer to this post: I am no expert. I do have nitrous on my stang, but i do not claim to know it all. some of the things im about to say are admittedly hear say and advice i have been given, or info i have gathered. i will not claim to be some magical mechanic at some awesome super-shop. i will not claim any read/gathered/researched/or recomended info as being my own personal experience****

WITH THAT SAID:
If you are a beginner and want a good bang for the buck, trying to keep the cost down, and want to install yourself. here is what most people will agree is going to be a good idea on your mostly stock NA motor:
the Zex kits keep everything simple. just a purple box controlling everything. they're dry kits are VERY simple. I didnt install mine, but from looking at how everything is there, i could do work 5 times as hard in my sleep... it realy is THAT ****ing simple. get the safety pieces like a window switch and WOT sensor.

pretty simple. i have a tuner and have a specific tune for my car when spraying. im running a 125 dry shot safely and never worry about it.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:53 AM
texas_stang02
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 99black5spd

should i get the window switch...i heard that its a really good idea to get on...isnt that what keeps it from spraying below 3000 rpms...and how much do they run and where can i get one?
you definitely want to get a window switch. from what i hear, it's bad to have nitrous spraying at low rpm (like below 3000) or too near the redline. check out some of these window switches:

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...86&dept=11

i like the MSD one, if i go with a nitrous setup (still debating nitrous versus s/c right now), i would probably get the MSD. it's digital (as are some of the others) and can be adjusted with the push of a button (the other ones require you to change out the "pills" to adjust the rpm level).