4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Stock hood sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 01:03 AM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Stock hood sucks!

Yeah as long as the milage of the car isnt past the warrenty... either 60 or 100k im not sure.. call a ford dealership.. And yes the seat belts do suck!!! My 89 mustang's front seat belts dont work.. Both of them!!
Old 03-28-2005, 01:04 AM
Dancing Chicken

LOL. Yeah, what you need is someone to exercise those belts for you. My 4 year old in her back seat booster has a ball with the pass. side front belt. Pull 'er allllll the way out, let 'er rip. Pull 'er alllll the way out, let 'er rip.....
Old 03-28-2005, 01:15 AM
DeViouS
4th Gear Member

yo dont get an 03 cobra hood for a GT they wont fit! u have to gett the bumper too. it will have a gap b/w the hood and the bumper. I ve tried it [:@]

Hey guys what hood looks best on my year mustang. I hate my hood and im constantly tryin to find on to replace it [&:] What do u guys think.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:27 AM
00mustangGT_BLK
1st Gear Member

The Mach III Hood looks real cool with the three vents..was thinking about shoving that on my 00 Gt. Not too sure how it will look thou. I hate my hood..with its fake hood scope.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:33 AM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

Cobra R hood is the best I think.. Thats what Cervinis calls it, but steeda makes it and its there standard hood. That Steeda race car is HOT $HIT!!

My other choice is the mach 1 hood with the shaker scoop if your going to keep it naturally asperated. Heres a company that sells the shaker intake and the stock mach 1 hood. Not like that other company that uses the stock gt hood and puts a stupid panel over it. Which makes the hood looks so ugly.
http://www.karkraft.com/ram_air.htm

Old 03-28-2005, 01:59 AM
blank
2nd Gear Member

cobra r hood is sexxxy
Old 03-28-2005, 02:04 AM
DeViouS
4th Gear Member

yeah i was thinkin about the cobra r hood. so u guys like it w/o the cuts on top.

What about the Stalker hood w/ the two ram air inlets?

Old 03-28-2005, 02:58 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

IM pretty sure seat belts are covered up to 60k miles or mabye even 100k. There are other warrenties that still apply after the 36k warrenty.. Keep that in mind. and check it out.
Do you have any idea how effective it would be to take the car to a Ford dealer if you were. say,, the third owner, under 60K and had no idea who the original owner was and what warrenty they had?

i have a 99 and since i got it last fall, ive noticed the **** belt not working too well.. thought it was just me....
Old 03-30-2005, 08:03 PM
loosenut
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DVS99GT

yo dont get an 03 cobra hood for a GT they wont fit! u have to gett the bumper too. it will have a gap b/w the hood and the bumper. I ve tried it [:@]

Hey guys what hood looks best on my year mustang. I hate my hood and im constantly tryin to find on to replace it [&:] What do u guys think.

i wanted the front bumper too,lol. i like the fact of brake cooling ducts, not too sure what id need to make them funtional,bbut id manage it somehow,lol.

**EDIT HERE** seat belts are only covered till 50k, found that out when i had my gears installed the other day.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:57 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: loosenut

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

How did that happen? Looks like the paint is chipping.

ya, its a big ole chip, about 12inches long and 2 1/2 inches wide (here all the remarks come,lol). the sad part is, i was washing the car at home, with a garden hose,no high pressure nozzle or anything right out of the big ole round opening,lol. POOF there goes the paint, i was pissed had the car for about 2 days. Ford said yer past 36k miles, so, your problem. i was like, thats fuggin jacked up, oh well gives me an excuse to pick up a fiber glass '03 cobra hood(or CF if they make one). yup found out about the seat belts im at 60k miles so im a$$ed out on that deal too. 70 bucks each for new ones,so gonna have to wait a little while for them, just a little while tho,lmao.
Your hood IS fiberglass dude and they are a bitch to paint because of it.

I also hate the fact that water always sits in the stupid scoops.......I use the towel stuffing technique LOL, but who the hell wants to stuff a towel in there everytime you wash it?

It's the guys with the dark colored cars like me who really notice. The silver and white don't show the marks like the black and blues.

Quick Reply: Stock hood sucks!