4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Painting my rims black, before/after pics...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 06:29 PM
98FOUR.SIX
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Painting my rims black, before/after pics...

I think it will look good i got the same rims on mine i might try it.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:29 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

I love the look of the Black bullit wheels with the chrome lip, Looks great with a shiny black and bright chrome lip. I dunno about your rims though. The stock ones are flat, have no shape or contour, so it won't be quite the same. But hey I bete you'll never see another stang on the road with the same wheels. If you do it, post pics, I definitely wanna see how they turn out!
Old 03-30-2005, 07:15 PM
krafty02
2nd Gear Member

[sm=goodidea.gif]

I think it will look 100% better, and for only the cost of the paint? what are you waiting for?
Old 03-30-2005, 07:42 PM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: David_K

itll look sweet. get the pony that is in the center cap silver like the 93 cobra r rims
Thats a great idea.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:43 PM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: blueangelfightr

The sides of the rims look pretty battered. Are you gonna do anything about that?
Ill get the guy whos painting them to sand them down, take out any scratches or chips. They should look better after that. I didnt really realize how battered they were until I posted this, I noticed it a couple of days ago. The angle of the picture really shows the rough edges.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:44 PM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: Emann0007

I love the look of the Black bullit wheels with the chrome lip, Looks great with a shiny black and bright chrome lip. I dunno about your rims though. The stock ones are flat, have no shape or contour, so it won't be quite the same. But hey I bete you'll never see another stang on the road with the same wheels. If you do it, post pics, I definitely wanna see how they turn out!
My point exactly
Old 03-30-2005, 07:45 PM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: krafty02

[sm=goodidea.gif]

I think it will look 100% better, and for only the cost of the paint? what are you waiting for?
Im waiting until I get a new black top and tint, then the black will go with everything much better. But I might just get it done now, it shouldnt cost too much.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:09 PM
Swells 03 GT
1st Gear Member

I wouldn't do it. I had a buddy who painted his 88 fox body ponys and I think it just looks cheesy... opinion though.

I don't know if the 99-00 ponys will fit on your car but I would find some of those I don't ever see them on a car like yours.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:18 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JonBeast

ORIGINAL: krafty02

[sm=goodidea.gif]

Im waiting until I get a new black top and tint, then the black will go with everything much better. But I might just get it done now, it shouldnt cost too much.
better start saving up man... I got mine replaced I guess about 5-6 months ago. Cost you about 700 bucks! At least it did me, I wasn't about to try and install it myself. I'd end up cutting twice and it still being too short! OH yea heres a tip..... get your insurance involved to help cover the cost. "hurricane Charlie fugged up my top" Saved me about 300 bucks! I was gonan replace the top anyway, because it had a couple bad spots on it, but after the hurricane it started leajing so they helped me out!
Old 03-30-2005, 11:12 PM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: Swells 03 GT

I wouldn't do it. I had a buddy who painted his 88 fox body ponys and I think it just looks cheesy... opinion though.

I don't know if the 99-00 ponys will fit on your car but I would find some of those I don't ever see them on a car like yours.
Imo they are ugly as hell, id rather keep my stockers than those, no offense

Quick Reply: Painting my rims black, before/after pics...