4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

EEC-V Programming HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 02:11 PM
bucking bronco

Default EEC-V Programming HELP!

Forgive me that this is posted twice. I asked it in the 5.0 area and was advised to ask the 4.6 guys my ??? so here it goes

let me start by saying I dont have a mustang so Please dont hold it against me. I am coming to you guys because I know nobody knowsFord motors better then mustang enthusiast.

To give some insight to my project I am building a full tubed rockcrawler and I am putting a 302 out of a 1998 ford explorer with the eec-v and I need to delete anything possible but most of all the anti theft. I am not looking to get huge gains in power I just need reliability and simplicity.

So my questions are

Can I delete the anti theft, abs, transmission controls?

and what other sensors can I delete?

I have searched and found things like the tweecer and one by sniper but they seem like they are probable way more then I need.
Are there any shops where I could just send in my computer and have the modifications done.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced
Old 02-13-2008, 03:54 PM
blstoff
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: EEC-V Programming HELP!

yes , you can turn those parameters off . I have SCT's Advantage 3 software , which is the same as dealers use . you can either just get the handheld tuner like the XC2 & then get a custom tune from a dealer . or you can get a handheld tuner & the software & do it your self .
I'm not familiar w/ the sniper or diablo but I'm sure they can do the same thing . if you decide to get a custom tune , check w/ the shop your gonna use & see what software they use before you get a tuner .