4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

slp exhaust installation time? and price

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 08:38 PM
stangman08
1st Gear Member

Default slp exhaust installation time? and price

does anybody kno wat the slp loudmouth 1exhaust catback system costs? im looking to get a catd o/r x pipe too. how much would both cost? and is it hard installing it yurself, and how long it would take? or would it be easyr for a shop to do it?
Old 03-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Subotai_95
4th Gear Member

Default RE: slp exhaust installation time? and price

Weeelllll, I've got the LM II's from SLP, I also got the high flow cat'd H, and long tubes, and all that was $1,763, and at $78 an hr, the install was a little over $650.. I probably could've gone cheaper, but oh well.. lol A little too late now.. Besides, I LOVE how the LM II's sound at WOT..
Old 03-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

x pipe took me 2 hours just casue i did it only and not the cat back...when i did thecatback it took 45 min 25 of which was jackin and settin up it was so easy....i got mine from napa and i searched the internet and found cheaper and they matched the price just casue i like gettin stuff in person rather then online...try american muscle
Old 03-04-2008, 09:04 PM
blackGTcp
4th Gear Member

american muscle LM1 is 400 a and slp x is 400. It took me a while just because i didnt have all the parts (bought x used) Its a good learning expereince if you and a couple buddies do it together
Old 03-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Chubstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackGTcp

american muscle LM1 is 400 a and slp x is 400. It took me a while just because i didnt have all the parts (bought x used) Its a good learning expereince if you and a couple buddies do it together
+1, pretty straight forward install, only problem alot of people run into is the passenger side manifold nuts, which are in a crappy position and usually frozen on. Extensions and swivels sre your friend for this one. I had a lift and an impact gun for my install so it was it went pretty smooth.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:41 AM
03GTVert
2nd Gear Member

When I swapped out my LM1 cat back for the Bassani SS I just took it to a muffler shop as I didn't have a good place to do it myself. Then I was really happy I did it because the bolts were frozen on and they ended up having to use a torch to cut them off.

Even with that PITA of having to cut the bolts the shop only charged me $70 for the swap.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:31 AM
darcnytemare
2nd Gear Member

I put my SLP's in myself. thankfully i have IRS so the exhaust was underneath all the suspensionI had my O/R X installed by a local mustang shop....it was only $90
Old 03-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

wow, you guys paid a bit for the slp setup, I have slp catted x and slp lmII catback(swapped to lmI mufflers)

I paid all together about 600 for parts, and it took about 2 hrs give or take, on my back to get it up. Had a slight exhaust leak cause I didnt have a good enough extension to torque it down enough, so I paid a muffler shop 50 to fix the leak.

Old 03-05-2008, 11:41 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

i paid 250 for my used catted slp x (swapped o/r pipes), and 390 for my lm2 catback new.

and do the install yourself, if you know how to jack a car up and use a wrench to unbolt things you can do this.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:20 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Though it's not SLP... my catback took about 4 hours to install LOL. This was my first time ever touching exhaust so I was learning as I was going. Of course it took me about an hour to get one of the pipes of my Magnapack catback over the axle, so I took the tire off to get a little more room to move the pipe around. It shouldn't take you NEARLY that long if you have an idea of what you are doing, unlike myself LOLOL

Quick Reply: slp exhaust installation time? and price