4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

H&R SS springs w/KYB GR-2s, CCP's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 09:29 PM
aCiD
2nd Gear Member

Default H&R SS springs w/KYB GR-2s, CCP's?

Ok, so I've read numerous threads, and there doesn't appear to be a definite answer wrt H&R Super Sport springs requiring aftermarket CC plates.

I wanna order some H&R SS springs, and KYB GR-2 shocks/struts, and install them at the same time, problem is there's nothing in the budget for CC plates, so if they're required, I have to scrap this plan for quite a while.

Has anyone replaced their shocks/struts, put on SS springs and been able to get their alignment back into spec? And if it can't get back into spec, how bad is it?

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Jbauer
4th Gear Member

Default RE: H&R SS springs w/KYB GR-2s, CCP's?

know what i think? I think this whole CC plate BS is a bunch of boloney. None of my friends (Techs) or I have these stupid CC plates. Yes, their is negative camber, no it won't be in spec, but it'll be 'close enough'.. SS don't even slam the car that much, i've got Sportlines with out CC..got an alignment.. no un even tire wear.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:49 PM
aCiD
2nd Gear Member

Do the sportlines drop more than the "Pro kit"? http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach...-04-coupe.html

What year/model is your car?
Old 04-02-2008, 11:22 PM
avlon06
5th Gear Member

i've always heard that over 1.5" you'll need cc... as they say its not if its when **** will start to go on you. lol
Old 04-02-2008, 11:39 PM
aCiD
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: avlon06

i've always heard that over 1.5" you'll need cc... as they say its not if its when **** will start to go on you. lol
That's the problem, it's a whole bunch of "I've heard"

It's tough finding people with 1st hand experience, and confirmed information. I've heard every possible opinion on the issue, but you can never tell where that person is coming from knowledge wise. So goes the internets!!!
Old 04-02-2008, 11:49 PM
fobra570
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aCiD

Do the sportlines drop more than the "Pro kit"? http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach...-04-coupe.html

2004 mustang gt coupe
Sportlines is a more agressive drop that the pro kit i have a Xpipe and bad streets i scrap everywhere so unless u got beautiful roads id go with the pro

and as far as the caster camber kits i wouldnt worry about it unless ur going for more than a 1.75 inch drop

i have them on my car they helped buttheir are screw's u can get to adjust the camber instead of spending all ur money on the cc plates
Old 04-03-2008, 12:11 AM
aCiD
2nd Gear Member

I appreciate the info fobra.

AM says they drop 1.75" front, and 1.5" rear (http://www.americanmuscle.com/h-r-sp...ngs-96-04.html)

My only exhaust work is the magnapacks, and they're tiny anyways.

I was in a parking lot with my friend who has a mazda 3, his front end is actually 2" lower than mine, both stock!
Old 04-03-2008, 12:12 AM
avlon06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fobra570

ORIGINAL: aCiD

2004 mustang gt coupe
Sportlines is a more agressive drop that the pro kit i have a Xpipe and bad streets i scrap everywhere so unless u got beautiful roads id go with the pro

and as far as the caster camber kits i wouldnt worry about it unless ur going for more than a 1.75 inch drop

i have them on my car they helped buttheir are screw's u can get to adjust the camber instead of spending all ur money on the cc plates
never heard of this.. explain more please?
Old 04-03-2008, 06:33 AM
IanJK46conv
2nd Gear Member

if you're going to do it, why not do it right the first time? don't cheap out and decide not to spend a little extra on plates and then wonder why your replacing 18" tires on your car more often then now. especially with the h&r springs. i mean, do what you gotta do, but i've been through this and it's common knowledge.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:00 AM
aCiD
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IanJK46conv

if you're going to do it, why not do it right the first time? don't cheap out and decide not to spend a little extra on plates and then wonder why your replacing 18" tires on your car more often then now. especially with the h&r springs. i mean, do what you gotta do, but i've been through this and it's common knowledge.
Because I can't. It's kind of a binary decision at this point.

And it's not common knowledge, that's the problem, every person has provided a different opinion, ranging from above "No, you definitely don't need them" to "ZOMG, if you don't get them your tires will immediately shred in the first 10km." So it's very conflicting to interpret.

So what's your first hand experience with this?

It's obvious I'm rooting for the "no CC plates" side, but I still want genuine experience from as many people as possible. I'd rather decide not to do it at all now, then be forced to go deeper when I can't.

Quick Reply: H&R SS springs w/KYB GR-2s, CCP's?