4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

MAC Prochamber

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Deuce212

Default RE: MAC Prochamber

Handyandy,

I live in Houston. Here i know they do emissions, im not sure about how strict any place would be about not having cats though. Id really like to get them without, because if they say its as easy to change the stock pipe out as they say it is, i shouldnt have any problems.

Im wanting to buy some of those car ramps, so i can change my oil easier, and maybe for projects like this.

Yeah im not sure they sell catted prochamber any more, like i said before a lot of sites ive been to, claim to have discontinued them.

ALSO:

My car is a 2004 GT, automatic.

Ive heard that you need a couple things in order to use the mid pipe.

Please add anything yall think im missing:
1.)mid-pipe
2.)MIL Eliminators
3.)o2 sensor extensions

I belive thats it, but if yall think i need anything for bolting on or removing any of the pipes, please feel free to tell me.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:06 AM
02TorchRedGT
1st Gear Member

You should'nt need 02 extentions if you go with the non-catted Pro chamber...mine fit ok without them. I'd consider a hand held tuner instead of the mil eliminatorsto turn off rear 02's unless you are going to keep a stock tune.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:59 PM
SixEight
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Deuce212

Handyandy,

I live in Houston. Here i know they do emissions, im not sure about how strict any place would be about not having cats though. Id really like to get them without, because if they say its as easy to change the stock pipe out as they say it is, i shouldnt have any problems.

Im wanting to buy some of those car ramps, so i can change my oil easier, and maybe for projects like this.

Yeah im not sure they sell catted prochamber any more, like i said before a lot of sites ive been to, claim to have discontinued them.

ALSO:

My car is a 2004 GT, automatic.

Ive heard that you need a couple things in order to use the mid pipe.

Please add anything yall think im missing:
1.)mid-pipe
2.)MIL Eliminators
3.)o2 sensor extensions

I belive thats it, but if yall think i need anything for bolting on or removing any of the pipes, please feel free to tell me.
Even if you're just using ramps it shouldn't take you very long. Probably about as long as an oil change. Sometimes the header bolts might be tricky, but theres nothing time consuming or difficult about the process.

I agree that you most likely won't need extensions. If you can afford a tuner go with the tuner rather then the mils.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Deuce212

OK say if i am able to afford the mid-pipe and the programmer, an suggestions on which tuner to choose?

Im sumwhat of a newbie to the modding of cars but im very egar to learn all i can and build my own monster!
So yalls help is very appreciated.

As far as the tuner goes, i know the instructions say just plug in, press a few buttons, and boom, you're done, but is it really that simple?
Id really hate to break or mess up sum **** on my car being that i jsut got it and spent a nice wad of change on a couple of parts.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:00 PM
djay
2nd Gear Member

I'm in the same position as you, and I heard SCT XCal 3 is top choice among tuners. But then I saw something about Sniper Tuning and that looks very promising and is ~$380. I would go check it out if I were you
Old 04-06-2008, 03:55 PM
SixEight
2nd Gear Member

I've never heard of sniper tuning but SCT and DiabloSport are very easy to use. You won't mess anything up as long as you use common sense.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:29 PM
OBX03GT
1st Gear Member

Diablo is a great Tuner thats Newbie friendly. And if you do get pulled with the Prochamber and the cop askes if you have cats say YES its where the two pipes go into a Box called a High Flow Cat LOL, i have a prochamber with Flowmasters and its awsome sounding! Just say the prochamber box is a cat to a cop and i dont see the PoPo crawling under ur ride either to check it out on the side of the road!
Old 04-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Novanutcase
3rd Gear Member

Just have your muffler guy measure out a set of aftermarket cats and cut out a section of pipe and flange the ends. When you need to go to inspection, bolt in the cats and after take them out and bolt in the straight pipe!

John
Old 04-09-2008, 12:00 AM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

ok idk where some people get their info...you CANT get a catted prochamber anymore its discontinued...there is room for you to weld in some cats...you can get some high flow ones on ebay for 30 each but i hear their reliability isnt that great...you could buy some magnaflow ones or somethin on their webiste but they are more expensive...the only reason you would have to cut off the midpipe would be if your flowmasters (catback) is welded to it...lastly is should take you about 30 mins to an hour to replace it if its your first time
Old 04-09-2008, 06:54 AM
MJH78
3rd Gear Member

You might think about the smell with an offroad piece. I've also considered the O/R prochamber and I think asked a question once about the smell. Some people say it's no big deal at all and other people will say it's awful and gets on yoru clothes and everything else..

Quick Reply: MAC Prochamber