4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Window Mod?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 09:14 PM
califas_1987
3rd Gear Member

Default Window Mod?

OK.. I love the fact that with a quick hit of the switch, my driver side window goes down all the way. How can I add the same feature to the passenger side window? Can I just buy another 2 switches and replace the one on the driver and passenger door panels?Are there any realys that need to be wired in? Could it be an easy plug and play with the rigth stuff, or will there be any slicing and splicing involved?

With good weather geting closer it would be sweet to be able to hit a few switches right before droping the top instead of having to hold them down.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:37 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Default RE: Window Mod?

I suppose it could be done, howver you'd have to reprogram the GEM (General Electronics Module) and do some re-wiring to do it.[/align][/align]The GEM runs all the toys...[/align][ul][*]warning chimes and warning lamps[*]one-touch down window[*]windshield washers and wipers[*]illuminated entry with keyless remote entry[*]interior lighting [/ul]
It sees the quick hit of the switch and sends the window down. [/align][/align]The passenger side switch is just not wired through the GEM, its just a plain ol' electro-mechanical system...[/align]
Old 04-10-2008, 09:54 PM
96GT226410
CSMG Moderator

I saw somebody do something pretty interesting (and seems pretty simple). He took a door panel insert from a crank window, non-power lock SN-95 so it had no window switches. Cut a hole in it, and wired one switch to it. He ran power and ground from the passenger side window to the driver's side window switch. Thus, controlling both windows from one switch and having both windows as one touch down. The parts that suck is that the windows went down a little slower andobviously not being able to work only one window at a time.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:59 PM
califas_1987
3rd Gear Member

I found this about the GEM. It looks like it has the wiring for a driver and passenger "door triger". Would those be the wires that I am looking for? If they are, I am figureing that I would need to take the wire from the switch going to the window motor and re-rout it so that it includes the GEM in its circuit.

Although I'm nowwondering if it might just be easier to take it to an alarm shop and see if they could do it.

FORD / MUSTANG / 2004

12volts
yellow & lt. green/purple
+
ignition harness

Starter
white/pink
+
ignition harness

Second Starter
N/A

Ignition
red/lt. green
+
ignition harness

Second Ignition
N/A

Third Ignition
N/A

Accessory
gray/yellow and red/black
+
ignition harness

Second Accessory
black/lt. green
+
ignition harness

Keysense
black/pink
-
ign harn, 26 pin plug, pin 9 at GEM

Notes: The GEM (Generic Electronic Module) is located above the driver kick panel.

Power Lock
lt. green
+
20 pin plug, pin 20 at GEM

Notes: The GEM (Generic Electronic Module) is located above the driver kick panel.

Power Unlock
purple
+
20 pin plug, pin 18 at GEM

Lock Motor
red/white
5wi
20 pin plug, pin 9 at GEM

Unlock Motor
red/orange
5wi
20 pin plug, pin 7 at GEM

Parking Lights+
brown
+
26 pin plug, pin 7 at GEM

Parking Lights-
white/black
-
26 pin plug, pin 11 at GEM

Hazards
same as turn signals

Turn Signal(L)
lt grn/wht(F), lt grn/org(R)
+
steering column

Turn Signal(R)
wht/lt blu(F), org/lt blu(R)
+
steering column

Reverse Light
black/pink
+
26 pin plug, pin 20 at GEM

Door Trigger
yel/black (L), gray/red (R)
-
20P plg, pin 13 & 5 at GEM

Notes: Use yellow/black for the driver door trigger and gray/red for the passenger door. Use both wires and diode isolate each from the GEM module, refer to DirectFax document 1076 for wiring information.

The GEM (Generic Electronic Module) is located above the driver kick panel.

Dome Supervision
black/white
+
20 pin plug, pin 3 at GEM

Trunk/Hatch Pin
brown/white
-
12 pin plug, pin 3 at GEM

The hatch pin needs to be diode isolated from the GEM module. Refer to DirectFax document 1076 for wiring information.

Hood Pin
N/A

Trunk/Hatch Release
pink/lt. green
-
26 pin plug, pin 25 at GEM

Power Sliding Door
N/A

Factory Alarm Arm
arms on lock with door open

Factory Alarm Disarm
dk. green/purple
-
20 pin plug, pin 16 at GEM

Disarm No Unlock
see factory alarm disarm

Tachometer
NOT red or white/lt. blue
ac
ignition coil or coil pack

Wait to start
N/A

Brake Wire
red/lt. green
+
brake pedal switch

Parking Brake
purple/yellow or lt. blu/blk
-
12 pin plug, pin 4 at GEM

Horn Trigger
yellow/lt. green
-
26 pin plug, pin 12 at GEM

Interface Module:
Category:
Immobilizer Bypass
Required:
Yes
Type:
PATS

Part #: 555FW

Alternate Part1 #: 556UW
Old 04-11-2008, 12:16 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/Works good I like it.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:31 AM
bjh061487
3rd Gear Member

good site... looks like he found exactly what you were looking for... and its damn cheap too only $31 for priority shipping insured... i think i will get me one too