4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

GT spoiler delete......

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 07:37 PM
aynjell
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: GT spoiler delete......

ORIGINAL: tim2002gt

Kind of a side note to removing your rear spoiler. When I bought mine, it did not have one on it so I recently bought one and put it on. Anyways, the car feels alot more stable at highway speeds now than it did without the spoiler. I like the looks of it without it on there, but the car drives a little better with one on there. My $0.02!
The stock spoiler would not noticeably improve driving stability.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:32 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Old 04-26-2008, 11:06 PM
aynjell
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 99BlackPonyGT
Your wheels are ugly. =P

I have black center caps now, got them from my dad for christmas, so... before anybody says anything... [:@]
Old 04-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Xemeth
5th Gear Member

Kind of a side note to removing your rear spoiler. When I bought mine, it did not have one on it so I recently bought one and put it on. Anyways, the car feels alot more stable at highway speeds now than it did without the spoiler. I like the looks of it without it on there, but the car drives a little better with one on there. My $0.02!
BS. Wings and spoilers don't have any effect until about 150mph, and even if you were going 150, the stock style spoiler wouldn't do a damn thing. That feeling was in your head.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:15 PM
aynjell
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Xemeth

BS. Wings and spoilers don't have any effect until about 150mph, and even if you were going 150, the stock style spoiler wouldn't do a damn thing. That feeling was in your head.
I've never even driven that fast. And thanks for backing me up there. [8D]
Old 04-26-2008, 11:40 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

guys....when i bought my car i had a "Steeda Functional Race Wing" on it...after i did the spoiler delete, at 15mpg it feels like my car is about to fly off the road because of the lack of downforce!
Old 04-27-2008, 02:36 PM
TOOT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aynjell

I didn't care for the push pins. They didn't stay in and didn't properly seal the hole. And I hold my chin spoiler on with bolts, sealer washers and nuts. I don't like pushpins. They don't really do anything "right".
Ihaveblk. silicone on the pins and haven't had any leaks or fitment issues. My chin spoiler has the pins on the corners to the wheel but the frontis secured with one way nuts and bolts.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:01 PM
tim2002gt
3rd Gear Member

Ok, go out and drive you car 70-75mph down the highway and then go home and take off your wing. Then go back out and drive the same speeds again and tell me you can't feel a difference. My car was wingless for 2 years and then I put one on and I can definately feel a difference.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:24 PM
TOOT
3rd Gear Member

Ok, go out and drive you car 70-75mph down the highway and then go home and take off your wing. Then go back out and drive the same speeds again and tell me you can't feel a difference. My car was wingless for 2 years and then I put one on and I can definately feel a difference.
My suspension is upgraded so it wouldn't matter, besides it looks cleaner, looks different, and I don't have to worry about the wing dripping water after I wash the car.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:47 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

i went from a wing that was designed for function not just for looks like the factory wing, to no wing at all...i did not feel even a slight bit of difference AT ALL

before:

after:

Quick Reply: GT spoiler delete......