4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Hard time justifying modding

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 08:04 PM
mustang289
2nd Gear Member

Default Hard time justifying modding

With the economy in such a tormoil state as it is I am finding it very hard to justify spending the rediculous amounts on money modding the car. Anyone else having this problem. I know we are supposed to be spending money in order to better the economy which would increase the money in circulation but its just so hard.

Plus going to college in the fall aint helping either....

Help me, I went autocrossing yesterday and now I want coil-overs, new wheels and some LM1's.... :-( I can afford it but I can't bring myself to do it, maybe when the show season rolls around it'll inspire me to....

Sorry guys I had to vent....
Old 04-27-2008, 08:47 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Hard time justifying modding

well if u cant justify it... why are u you even considering it. sounds like u made up your mind already..
Old 04-27-2008, 08:58 PM
mustang289
2nd Gear Member

Because I am trying to justify it...haha
Old 04-27-2008, 09:04 PM
MoKo_04GT
4th Gear Member

economy shmonomy!

who gives a sheeeeit!!

do what YOU want!! if it is going to make YOU happy, then spend the money!!(thats what its for!)

EDIT: money comes and goes...but you will only live once. =/
Old 04-27-2008, 09:13 PM
medrick
2nd Gear Member

heres the way i see it. its just money and you can't take it with you. so you might as well spend it while you can still have fun.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:26 PM
djb1187
5th Gear Member

i had this same debate when i bought my Kenne Bell...people all around me are strugglin to eat and crap because of the economy and here i go blowin 5600 on my car. but like mentioned about. Money is something that wont leave with you when you depart from this life so might as well enjoy it.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:30 PM
michaelsevilla
2nd Gear Member

^very well said my friend...very well said.

More and more people are starting to see modding cars pointless...
With the economy down and people saying we're a dying breed as far as hooking up our rides... Like I said on my common home website im always on....300zxclub.com

Let us eat, drink, party, and enjoy our rides.........for tomorrow...we die- Mike sevilla
Old 04-27-2008, 09:30 PM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

+1 with the dollar on its way to being a pesso youve got to spend it! The intrest on bank accounts isnt even enough to keep up with inflation everyday you arent spending your money you are loosing some of it. If you are worried about the economy dont buy car parts buy GOLD coins. I sold mine two years ago when it doubled the price I paid and now its almost four times as valuable as when I got it .Gold is always going to be valuable, same with platinum but its a little too valuable for my taste.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:44 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustang289

With the economy in such a tormoil state as it is I am finding it very hard to justify spending the rediculous amounts on money modding the car. Anyone else having this problem. I know we are supposed to be spending money in order to better the economy which would increase the money in circulation but its just so hard.

Help me, I went autocrossing yesterday and now I want coil-overs, new wheels and some LM1's.... :-( I can afford it but I can't bring myself to do it, maybe when the show season rolls around it'll inspire me to....

If the economy tanks, having or not having that 5 or even 10K you did/did not spend on your mustang isn't going to matter anyway. if hte economy really tanks, how long will 5K last you anyway, a month or two?

Just keep spending and hope it doens't tank
Old 04-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustang289

Don't be such a girl. Just think, if you don't mod your car how much free time and money you'll have for scrap booking! You're one step away from joining a quilting club?

Quick Reply: Hard time justifying modding