4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Making the pony handle!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 04:08 PM
03StangerGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Making the pony handle!

Mamimum Motorsports is a good way to go. I have the strut tower, subframe connectors, and the rear grip package. Basically the package has lower control arms and a panhard bar. Those mods right there make the car a new animal. Now I also put in coil-overs. If you have the money get them, they are the best for cornering. All those mods for suspension and I still haven't taken it to the track yet. But I can tell you the whole car has changed. Look at the Mamimum Motorsports site, they also have live on-line help if you have any questions.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:21 PM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03StangerGT

Mamimum Motorsports is a good way to go. I have the strut tower, subframe connectors, and the rear grip package. Basically the package has lower control arms and a panhard bar. Those mods right there make the car a new animal. Now I also put in coil-overs. If you have the money get them, they are the best for cornering. All those mods for suspension and I still haven't taken it to the track yet. But I can tell you the whole car has changed. Look at the Mamimum Motorsports site, they also have live on-line help if you have any questions.
Yea, I'm toying with the coil overs as well (see my name and now you know!!)..

Do you have any squeaking or noises with them?

As for MM, they are great people and make a very high quality product.
The strut tower brace is huge and super solid and the pictures don't do it justice...
The sub frames are equally tough and well built.

I am very impressed with their products and like you say they answered my questions promptly without disparaging other companies products which I appreciate.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:18 PM
03StangerGT
2nd Gear Member

I haven't noticed any noises. I didn't install them to make sure it was done properly. I got the Bilstines BTW. Its nice to adjust the ride hight as well. It takes about 15 min to raise or lower the car, not bad.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03StangerGT

I have the same setup minus the strut tower brace, you'll love it on the track. I've bottomed out a few times though. Whats the height and spring rate on your coilovers? I'm 1" off the ground atm with 225 lb and 325 lb springs.

ORIGINAL: undecided.steve

Yea, I'm toying with the coil overs as well (see my name and now you know!!)..

Do you have any squeaking or noises with them?

As for MM, they are great people and make a very high quality product.
The strut tower brace is huge and super solid and the pictures don't do it justice...
The sub frames are equally tough and well built.

I am very impressed with their products and like you say they answered my questions promptly without disparaging other companies products which I appreciate.

Coilovers are by far superior to any other spring/shocks/strut setup. The relocation of the spring helps soften the ride alot.

The bulitt suspension kit is a waste of money as is the steeda setup your looking into. I would not advise any other springs other than H&R as they are the highest quality drop springs I've seen around (taking into account ride quality, resistance to sag, and construction) Shocks/struts, you'd have to find what your comfortable with, on the cheap end strange would be the best to look into and on the higher end theres the tokico 5 ways, bilstein hd's, and so on.

With the amount I've lowered the car, we've been able to almost completely cancel the effects of bumpsteer from alignment/other adjustments to the car. I will be installing a bumpsteer kit sometime in the future but that wont be until I pull the engine.