4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

GT Badging

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 10:58 AM
huffhuff
2nd Gear Member

Default GT Badging

I was appalled this weekend to drive into Eckenrod Ford in Cullman, Alabama to find a 2005 V6 Coupe badged as a GT. the dealer had installed the side GT badges and the psuedo GT gas cap on the rear. they had added the 17" chrome faux Torque Thrusts (Nice addition) but no driving lights in the grille. on the window next to the price sticker there was an addendum for "GT enchancement package" for a cost I don't remember cause I was so shocked that they pulled this "poser" stunt. When Ford introduced the 2005 models they made note that the GTs were to be distinctively different from the V6 cars based on input from earlier GT owners who felt their was not enough difference from their GTs and the current V6 cars. Shame, shame. I emailed Eckenrod and FOMOCO, both will liklely be ignored.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:30 AM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

Default RE: GT Badging

that is actually really bogus.......why would they do that??
Old 04-25-2005, 11:37 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

that's hilarious. unreal. wow.... ummm... yeah... k... ..... ............
Old 04-25-2005, 01:05 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

crooks. LOL.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:06 PM
huffhuff
2nd Gear Member

the dealer actually responded to my e-mail. he claimed that by having the items priced on the car they weren't deceiving anyone. he said the car was built for a customer that wanted the look without the larger engine and insurance costs. he also said they ahve been doing it for quite some time at customer request. no different to me than the people with the sport compacts that decal them all up and add the loud fart pipe and think they are quick. i love busting them with my 70 429 Torino bodied Cobra.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:29 PM
pichinco
2nd Gear Member

I hope Ford isn't going back to the days of "GT" meaning a looks package versus engine package. I find lots of people trying to sell their car as a GT with a 6-cyl engine. I've never called to find out which is wrong. Talking to a car ad salesman the other day and she said she was amazed at how many people have no idea how many cylinders their Mustang has!! [sm=dontgetit.gif]
Old 04-25-2005, 07:17 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: pichinco

I hope Ford isn't going back to the days of "GT" meaning a looks package versus engine package. I find lots of people trying to sell their car as a GT with a 6-cyl engine. I've never called to find out which is wrong. Talking to a car ad salesman the other day and she said she was amazed at how many people have no idea how many cylinders their Mustang has!! [sm=dontgetit.gif]
what's a cylinder?
Old 04-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: nanaki

what's a cylinder?
It goes right next to the piston return spring but before the muffler bearings.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:26 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

You'll find it under the compression
Old 04-25-2005, 11:33 PM
josh_0351
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

ORIGINAL: nanaki

what's a cylinder?
It goes right next to the piston return spring but before the muffler bearings.
I thought it was under the discombobulator?

Quick Reply: GT Badging