4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Magnaflow exhaust tips

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 08:36 PM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

Default Magnaflow exhaust tips

Does anyone know anything about clamp-on exhaust tips for 99-04 GT's?

Like these ones:
http://www.jegs.com/p/Magnaflow/804084/10002/-1/10255

Anyone know anything about this site or the Magnaflow line? they look pretty good but they aren't exactly cheap so I wanna know if they are worth it. I heard that upgrading my exhaust won't do much difference and I also don't want my car too loud so I was thinking about welding in some flowmaster 40's or something and/also first get some nice looking tips so I get the look as well.

Also, whats the difference between single wall and double wall tips? I think I measured my stock tips to have 3" tips so to add these on, so I slip them as far down my stock tips as posible or just where the ends of these magnaflow tips narrow?

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 05-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Chubstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Magnaflow exhaust tips

Dude, honestly after buying the mufflers, having them welded in, and buying tips you might as well just get a new catback.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:45 AM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

Yeah thats what I was thinking, but all the leading brand names (SLP, Magnaflow) are too loud for me. Are there any other catbacks that have nice tips and offer similar performance gains? pypes, steeda, or how about the magnaflow chambered catbacks?

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 05-20-2008, 05:35 AM
jmac72187
corner carver

ORIGINAL: StriderTacticaL

Yeah thats what I was thinking, but all the leading brand names (SLP, Magnaflow) are too loud for me. Are there any other catbacks that have nice tips and offer similar performance gains? pypes, steeda, or how about the magnaflow chambered catbacks?

Thanks,
Brandon
Magnaflow doesn't make a chambered muffler. They are still packed, but they look like a chambered muffler. They are a bit quieter than Magnapacks from what I have been told. Whatever catback you get will not be too loud when you get used to it. At first you will think it is the loudest thing. Then you will drive by another stang with an o/r midpipe and realize it isn't.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:53 AM
Chubstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jmac72187

Thanks,
Brandon
Magnaflow doesn't make a chambered muffler. They are still packed, but they look like a chambered muffler. They are a bit quieter than Magnapacks from what I have been told. Whatever catback you get will not be too loud when you get used to it. At first you will think it is the loudest thing. Then you will drive by another stang with an o/r midpipe and realize it isn't.
+1
I think SLP has the best looking tips, that's what swayed my decision to buy their catback.
I'd check the regular magnaflow catback or the SLP Powerflo catback. Both of those are straight through and will flow really well. Both are very tame sounding also. A chambered muffler like flowmaster or mac are going to drone. With the SLP you can easily swap to different SLP mufflers for different sound and loudness.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:59 AM
1999 GT
3rd Gear Member

get the flowmaster american thunder catback...sounds great and they have 3" polished tips....but on mine i just had some 3.5" magnaflow tips welded on yesterday...couldnt be happier with the way they look
Old 05-20-2008, 03:15 PM
MagnaflowRep
Former Sponsor

Does anyone know anything about clamp-on exhaust tips for 99-04 GT's?

Like these ones:
http://www.jegs.com/p/Magnaflow/804084/10002/-1/10255

Anyone know anything about this site or the Magnaflow line? they look pretty good but they aren't exactly cheap so I wanna know if they are worth it. I heard that upgrading my exhaust won't do much difference and I also don't want my car too loud so I was thinking about welding in some flowmaster 40's or something and/also first get some nice looking tips so I get the look as well.

Also, whats the difference between single wall and double wall tips? I think I measured my stock tips to have 3" tips so to add these on, so I slip them as far down my stock tips as posible or just where the ends of these magnaflow tips narrow?

Thanks,
Brandon
Brandon:

As another member pointed out, by the time you purchase mufflers and tips and account for the labor involved you could go with a direct bolt-on cat-back system. All of our systems are 100% stainless steel and are backed by a lifetime warranty. Our Magnaflow cat-back seen in the link below would be perfect for what you’re looking for. It uses 4x9x14" oval mufflers and is one of the quietest systems during cruise and idle while providing a deep rumble tone when you really get on it.

Upgrading your exhaust will defiantly make a difference in performance. Withjust our cat-back alone we made an additional 11hp and 14ftq.

Magnaflow cat-back 15671 - http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=AMML&id=903

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:34 PM
jbracefan1977

Originally Posted by MagnaflowRep
...by the time you purchase mufflers and tips and account for the labor involved you could go with a direct bolt-on cat-back system. All of our systems are 100% stainless steel and are backed by a lifetime warranty. Our Magnaflow cat-back seen in the link below would be perfect for what you’re looking for. It uses 4x9x14" oval mufflers and is one of the quietest systems during cruise and idle while providing a deep rumble tone when you really get on it.

Upgrading your exhaust will defiantly make a difference in performance. Withjust our cat-back alone we made an additional 11hp and 14ftq.

Magnaflow cat-back 15671 -

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Hello MagnaflowRep! Just to inform you that I have the magnaflow 15671 just installed and I love it!!! they are cheaper on ebay but I wanted a warranty (the salt on the roads here in winter kills an exhaust) so I got it here magnaflow 15671, or you can try one of the vendors here, they are always running sales/specials. either way its a great system and very easy to install.