4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mangnaflow vs Borla

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:03 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mangnaflow vs Borla

well i have to pass emissions here, but yes it is the modualr one. I just dont have the money right now for mil eliminators and the straights to put in place of the cats. But as soon as i have the chance you can bet those cats are comin off til my next emissions check.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:41 AM
CubanoGT
2nd Gear Member

damn i dont wanna make a mistake.. and regret it when i put it on lol.. i think SLP is gona be too loud.. im leaning more towards borla stingers.. now i guess.. what x pipe would go well with it? keep in mind i need cats :P
Old 05-22-2008, 08:53 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

honestly if you need cats the xpipe i have i would strongly recommend. Its the modular catted x-pipe from slp. i got mine from american muscle. Best price free shipping and fast delivery. Cant go wrong. I think that it wont be too loud if you run cats and the slp lm1s. the lm2's will be too quiet with cats i think. Many people run the o/r x with lm2's and it is enough for them. I personally have no experience with the stingers but i have heard a few sets. They arent nearly as loud as my slps. So its up to you how loud you want.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:43 AM
CubanoGT
2nd Gear Member

Well I'm stock so I deff want it louder... But I got a convertible and its my daily car... So I don't want it to be annoying either I'm sure with a good x pipe and the borla stingers should be enough also for some reason my car sounds a bit lourder than other gts
Old 05-22-2008, 11:59 AM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CubanoGT

Well I'm stock so I deff want it louder... But I got a convertible and its my daily car... So I don't want it to be annoying either I'm sure with a good x pipe and the borla stingers should be enough also for some reason my car sounds a bit lourder than other gts
Everything in a vert is going to be +1 louder so keep that in mind.
SLP, Borla and Magnaflow make fine systems but I would give SLP and Borla the edge in quality of pipes.
My Magnaflow pipes are rusting (normal, says Maganflow because they are t4xx instead of T3xx) which doesn't make me feel great.
The mufflers however are a work of art and are polished to a mirror finish and are NOT rusting.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:24 PM
CubanoGT
2nd Gear Member

I haven't seen any performance input.. Some1 told Me that the borlas is a bit better in that department is it true? Well its been decided borla it is.. Now what's the best catted xpipe for it? And where could I get the best prices.. Budget is low lol I wanna get this done before the 22nd for a show
Old 05-22-2008, 12:30 PM
jmac72187
corner carver

ORIGINAL: CubanoGT

I haven't seen any performance input.. Some1 told Me that the borlas is a bit better in that department is it true? Well its been decided borla it is.. Now what's the best catted xpipe for it? And where could I get the best prices.. Budget is low lol I wanna get this done before the 22nd for a show
A catback isn't going to make a difference power wise. A straight through will flow better than a chambered, but the difference will not be noticeable. The midpipe is going to make the biggest difference.

If I were to buy a catted X pipe, I would go for the SLP X. I think you can get it off AM for around $390 shipped with the discount code.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:57 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

If you have a low budget, why are you even considering Borla?

i know a lot has already been said about the two mufflers, but there's a big difference between the stingers and the regular magnaflows.

Borla is pretty much loud all the time, where as magnaflow has a stock-like idle, and low cruising sound but opens up when you get on it.

I have numerous borla clips with my o/r H if you're interested
Old 05-22-2008, 03:20 PM
CubanoGT
2nd Gear Member

Hmmm magnaflow has 2 types right? Wich one sounds the best? Magnapacks?
Old 05-22-2008, 05:40 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Borla Stingers and what????? Sorry nothing else deserves to be included in the same setence. Especially the camaro exhaust everyone is so fond of around here[:'(]

Quick Reply: Mangnaflow vs Borla