4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Who has aftermarket front LCAs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 08:45 AM
racemyski
1st Gear Member

Default Who has aftermarket front LCAs?

So I think my LCA bushings are shot in front. If I am going to go through all the work of taking the damned things off to change the bushings, I might as well replace the whole thing while I'm at it, right?

What is the change in ride quality, comfort, and performance when changing to aftermarket front lower control arms? Are there any other modifications that would need to be done while performing this upgrade? The car is completely stock, btw.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:02 AM
pcs
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Who has aftermarket front LCAs?

normally the front control arms are call a-arms and lca are reserved for the rear suspenion.anyways, there are a few companies that make nice a-arms, just make sure that they are for use on a stock k-member and have provisions for your sway bar (if you plan on using it.) one more thing though, i could be wrong but all of the aftermarket a-arms i have seen require you to conver you front suspension to a coil over since they have no cup for the coil spring. its really easy to do the conversion though, all you need is a drill and some basic tools.just do your research or just call.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:08 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

If you are gonna replace the Aarms just replace them with Cobra arms. They move the front wheels forward a bit for better cornering and retain stock suspension and ride.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:59 AM
grogan
3rd Gear Member

buy a new k member while u are at it. if u are taking off the old arms, the k member is another 8 bolts. i pushed my oil pan into my crank with a jack and me and my dad took the whole front end off, fixed the pan, and reinstalled the whole front end in 6 hours and 43 minutes. with only jack stands holding the front 12 inches off the ground.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:33 AM
pcs
4th Gear Member

+1 on the k member. i just said f*ck it and swapped the whole thing out. lots of engine room is freed up and the weight savings definitely helped
Old 05-25-2008, 05:55 PM
racemyski
1st Gear Member

My car is a daily driver and I am financially challenged. Thanks for the advice on the cobra A-arms, I will look into that. I am not going to convert to a coilover setup. Do you know of any aftermarket A-arms that support coil springs instead of coil overs? Would a new K-member really be worth the money on a daily driver? I have 100k on the car and just want to restore ride quality to like new condition. Thanks for the advice!
Old 05-25-2008, 06:03 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...?idproduct=670Really about all your gonna find that will let you retain your stock suspension
Old 05-25-2008, 06:05 PM
racemyski
1st Gear Member

http://www.speedconcepts.net/product...eeb209f1fd565c

I found the Cobra A-arms... what you guys think?
Old 05-25-2008, 08:43 PM
LynnBob Mustang
5th Gear Member

They are the same thing as already posted above you.
Get them...
Lynn
Old 05-25-2008, 08:51 PM
avlon06
5th Gear Member

oxford, how much did you pay for your coilovers all around?

Quick Reply: Who has aftermarket front LCAs?