4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Installed silver face reverse glow gauges...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 12:21 AM
closer9
2nd Gear Member

Default Installed silver face reverse glow gauges...

Super easy install... I was curious though, does everyone pull their needles off when doing this? I found no need to pull the needles. The overlay is thin/flexible enough to just slip it over all the needles...

Anyway, it looks great. I even did the silver A/C plate to match...
Old 05-04-2005, 12:58 AM
98UAGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Installed silver face reverse glow gauges...

You need to post some day and night pics. I really want to do some custom gauges on mine, but I heard they are a pain to install. Guess not!
Old 05-04-2005, 01:04 AM
NoisyPony
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I would like to see some pics too.

Noisy
Old 05-04-2005, 01:21 AM
Acer2428
Site Mod

Hahaha... I have had alum. pedals and white face gauges sitting in my garage, right next to my ceramic shorties for about 6 months now.... Damn this disease they call laziness.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:28 AM
closer9
2nd Gear Member

Alrighty, I'll try to get some pix up this week sometime. My camera isn't the best with night pix, but I'll figure something out... and yes, very easy install. Even easier if you have an aftermarket stereo. I've done these gauges in other cars, and always tap into the light/ground wires of the aftermarket stereo harness. Quick, easy and I know exactly what I'm tapping into...
Old 05-04-2005, 02:36 PM
dltexas

when I installed my white faced gauges and pulled the needles off it messed up everything bigtime...but I fixed it quick...with my car running and warmed up, I put the gauges at the middle for oil, battery, etc. and I new where I was on gas and new where my car idles...I think I am just a little off on the speed, but that is okay.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14470/EF2F011F1C4F4DAF9554146C08B5DA67.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-04-2005, 02:42 PM
LuvBottles97GT
2nd Gear Member

I wanted to get those white face gauges but I was worried about the install. I dont want to mess my gauges up. On my beater car my gas gauge doesnt work and that pisses me off. I have ran out of gas once already. Damn those gauges!!!!!![:@]
Old 05-04-2005, 04:42 PM
closer9
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LuvBottles97GT

I wanted to get those white face gauges but I was worried about the install. I dont want to mess my gauges up. On my beater car my gas gauge doesnt work and that pisses me off. I have ran out of gas once already. Damn those gauges!!!!!![:@]

I looked at some other gauges online today, and noticed the holes for the needles are smaller, so I guess with some you would have to pull the needles. I got mine from UPR, and the holes are just big enough to slip down over the black piece around the needle... There's only two things I don't like about them
1) the gauge has a textured look that cause the odometer to be blurry. They should have just cut it out around there... I may try that myself.
2) I hate have all the dumby lights outlined. I started to cut it out, but it looked like there was a flat wire running real close, and I was afraid I'd cut it, and lose something important...

So, just nitpicky complaints mostly... I really wish I'd got the billet trim rings to put in at the same time. A little more work I know, but they look sweet!
Old 05-04-2005, 04:54 PM
Obselite
3rd Gear Member

what website are the billit rings from?
Old 05-04-2005, 05:32 PM
closer9
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Obselite

what website are the billit rings from?
UPR has them as well as ebay. Stangnet's patshopper had the set I was going to get. They were on clearance for $25, but were polished. I really wanted satin finish, but that's about a third of what the other places want...

Quick Reply: Installed silver face reverse glow gauges...