4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Sniper Tuning Package is Awesome

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 12:28 PM
YotaMaster

Default Sniper Tuning Package is Awesome

Hi All,

Last week I purchased a Sniper Tuning - Special Forces package for a friend. I already had a Hypertech programmer but am starting to look into mods that I would need the advanced features. Well, I deprogramed my 01 GT from the Hypertech, saved the stocker to the Sniper, did a standard wizard walk through tune on my PC with the software and loaded it up to the Stanger. Let me frickin tell you something, Hypertech sucks!!! My car was completely different and the feeling was so dramatic that it made my whole week. no knocks, no pings and at 120 it just screams for more. The addage of you get what you pay for always rings true, but this is a safe bet on where to put your money if you are looking for a tune.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:33 PM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Sniper Tuning Package is Awesome

I really wish i had gone with Sniper insted of diablosport. It seems like you can literally do anything with the sniper tuning software. OH well everything is 20/20 in hindsight.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:43 PM
YotaMaster

I had a Diablo Chip briefly but could never get it to run right (CA has crumby gas). I had a Hypertech on my 98 before this 01, and hate to think I wasn't at the cars true potential all that time, any who here's a link for any intrest.

http://www.snipertuning.com/new/

Old 07-14-2008, 05:18 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Yeah, its a good product and easy to use. They have some very happy customers on here including myself.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:44 PM
99mustanggt
3rd Gear Member

I agree, I purchased a Sniper last week after getting screwed by SCT and it is amazing how much better their product is.Plus you can tune 2 cars for the price of one.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:51 PM
firehorse02
2nd Gear Member

I have yet to purchase the Sinper (lack of funds). I do intend to get one though. The only thing so far that I am not excited about is the fact that the Sniper doesn't have a 2 stage rev limiter. That would put it over the top for me. All well, what can you do.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:27 PM
BADSEED
3rd Gear Member

all i have for mods is a 3.73's(needs to be cal.)CAI and O/R x-pipe would it be worth getting it even though basically stock? Also how much is the Special Forces package cost new?
Old 07-14-2008, 08:18 PM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

Can someone explain to me about this whole sniper tuner? I am gonna get new gear soon and I've been leaning towards that set from AM for the SCT/gears/oil. I know the SCT has a screen and all you do is follow the onboard instructions, but how about the sniper?

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 07-14-2008, 09:42 PM
vanquish
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StriderTacticaL

Can someone explain to me about this whole sniper tuner? I am gonna get new gear soon and I've been leaning towards that set from AM for the SCT/gears/oil. I know the SCT has a screen and all you do is follow the onboard instructions, but how about the sniper?

Thanks,
Brandon

Here man: http://www.snipertuningforums.com/vi...p?f=7&t=34
Old 07-14-2008, 09:50 PM
AirBrontosaurus
2nd Gear Member

Another sniper lover here.

It's very easy to use, interfaces with your computer (so I can use my nice, big, 1680x1050 screen instead of some duo-tone 3" pixely screen to edit my stuff), comes with free data-logging software, and allows you to store multiple tunes on the box dealy that you get with it.

It allows for timing adjustments, A/F adjustments, gear ratio changes, superchargers, fuel octane, and basically anything you'd ever want to do ever.

AND they release firmware and software updates too, so if something changes or new functionality is added, you get it.

User cliffyk walked me through my Sniper purchase and initial tune, and it was amazingly helpful. PM or e-mail him if you have ANY questions. He's the man when it comes to Sniper.

Quick Reply: Sniper Tuning Package is Awesome